Week by week

Week by week

Friday, July 25, 2014

May, June and July in Pictures


Time to get caught up on my blog!
First up, my birthday. I told my family how I put white cake batter in the pan and then put brownie batter on the top and baked it, so here are the pictures so they can see what I mean. It turned out wonderful! I've never tried it before, but we all loved it. When it first came out of the oven the brownies on the top reminded the kids of mountains. So they told me to decorate my cake like my beloved mountains. They ran and got trees from a train set and made paths with the caramel sauce and chocolate chips. It looked a lot better in person than the pictures. It tasted even better.






 I loved how the brownie batter sunk in different spots and made a marble effect.


Next up, a trip to Florida the last week of May to see our newest nephew, born last January.

 The babies are about 2 1/2 months apart.

Samuel's 7 month photo shoot:





 Fourth event: The Promised Land Pageant the last week of June


 Spencer in his Colonial attire, the rest of us in our Nephite costume. Spencer got to be the drummer boy for the Redcoats and Nathan got to be a Redcoat in the Revolutionary War scene, but the rest of us sadly didn't get to be in the Colonial scene this year.
 Everyone minus Spencer and Madalyn (maybe they were changing already??) in our Pioneer costumes after the first performance.

 Thomas was so tired after the performance he couldn't even walk upstairs. Instead, he walked in the house and crashed on the floor.


 Alexis getting to ride the pony before the 2nd performance.

 After the 2nd performance. Makenna had a fever and Samuel was knocked out as it was past 10:30pm. They did great during both performances, though. It was a lot of fun having our whole family participate.


Some random pictures:
Alexis made teeny tiny cinnamon rolls and kringles for her dolls.

 Makenna asleep at the table. I love it when toddlers fall asleep with their food.

 Kaitlyn's little bed inside a big fort they made in the living room.

 Alexis's little bed in the fort. She actually slept in it one night.

Samuel's Messy Eating:

 I posted this one to show his two cute little teeth.

 Kylie took about 20 pictures of the plum smeared in his hair.

Last Event: Alexis's 9th Birthday
 She made this garden cake all by herself. 


 They're hard to see, but Alexis bought some clip on Eiffel Tower earrings that match this dress my mom gave her for her birthday perfectly.


1 comment:

Nola said...

Such cute pictures. I love the ones of Samuel, we haven't seen him in so long. And Alexis looks so cute in the dress, I hope she likes it.
The one of all the kids at the top is super.