Week by week

Week by week

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Week ending 11-16-14

 Makenna fell off her bike.
 I wish this weren't blurry. She's so cute!

 Samuel at his 12 month check up.
He weighs 19 lbs and is 29 inches.
 He was adorable waiting for the doctor. He crawled back and forth on the table, tried standing up, and chattered nonstop.


 Kaitlyn is a huge help with Samuel. Ever since he was born she's been my main baby holder. He has always loved to be held. When I put him down, say to get something out of the oven, he protests loudly and she snatches him up then packs him around the house.

Last week there was one day when it was 80 degrees so I took the kids to the Aquarium (homeschoolers go free and I've never once taken them), Fort Macon State Park, and the beach. We had a wonderful time!!
 Samuel about to make his escape.

 Kaitlyn
 Makenna
 Playing on one of those floor mats where you step on something like a fish and it disappears.
 Too dark of a picture but it was so cute seeing all of the kids looking at the tanks. I just love having 8 kids. It's so fun taking them places. When Samuel was first born we didn't go anywhere because we can't all fit in the van, but I decided I can't always leave someone home; we have to do fun things together. Since then we've been going on more field trips, even if it's just the library or park. I love being with all of my kids at the same time.
 Samuel

 The kids at Fort Macon

 And to the beach!

 Three kids played in the water.
 Three played in the sand.
 (Three in the water and three in the sand.)
 Two sat on the beach with me and snacked.
 I know these aren't good pictures, but for some reason I liked them anyway. Maybe because they were making similar faces. Or just looking at the pictures reminds me of the sweet memories of that day.
 One of my favorite memories of that day: watching Makenna and Kaitlyn hold hands and bravely watch the waves come in and cover their feet, suppressing the desire to run away. I loved hearing Kaitlyn gently talk to Makenna as if she were the mom, telling her how brave she was being and how everything was going to be ok.


 Just after we ran out of wipes someone sent us a whole box. That box has now become a fun train ride. The three youngest take turns riding in it and pushing the rider.
 My cute baby. I can't believe he's one. 
He still seems so small to me but I guess I feel that way because he's so cuddly, isn't walking yet, and there's not another one on the way, making me think he's big.

 Playing in the bathroom sink. He loves the leaf confetti we have around the house and has been eating it all fall.

 The hairdo Kylie tried on Alexis this week. She tries a different one almost every Sunday.

1 comment:

Sara Lyn said...

So many comments rolling around in my head. Poor Makenna's bike accident. Wow!-what Kylie did with Lexi's hair. Samuel, so adorable. Kaitlyn, what a sweet mama. All your kids, too cute for words. Miss you guys!!!