Week by week

Week by week

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

California Fun July 21-25

Tuesday, July 21 was a busy day. First up was family photo shoot.
(You may want to click on the pictures to see them bigger.)
My whole entire family minus Nathan.
My parents with all of their 15 grandchildren 

My parents with their 6 children. 
Me and my 8 children.
My older brother Ben and his wife, Janet.

 My younger brother, Brady and his wife and kids.

My mom and her 4 girls. 

Samuel and Spencer being silly afterward. 
My 3 boys
Kylie

Samuel ready to go to the next event: the temple.

Hanging out after the temple sessions.
The 5 teen grandchildren did baptisms for the dead and then the adults did sealings. My family does this every Christmas and summer but this is the first time I've been here for it. It was so special!

Next we went to a Sacramento Rivercats game. It was so much fun!




Wednesday we stayed home again and worked on the horse corral floor and making a walking trail in the morning followed by games after lunch.
First Brady and Chase pulled boards off of a chunk of our old deck.
Next Thomas scraped the boards clean.
Then the boards get passed to Dad and Misty holds them while he cuts them to the right size.
Brandyn and Spencer were in the shed nailing the new boards in.
The old horse corral under remodel.
Digging tree roots out of the way of the trail. 
Getting ready to cut a tree down.

Spencer and Brady play ping pong. Horseshoes are in the background.
Yummy snacks to munch on while we play games at the table on the side deck.


Nertz tournament in the living room.
Right before dinner we went to the neighbor's farm to see their chickens, goats, and horse.


Dad and Ben use the log splitter and Brady, Kylie, Alexis, and Chase stack the chopped wood.


Thomas got to be the operator of the machine. I'm glad nobody got their fingers cut off!

Samuel wanting to go for a walk down our road.
He's saying, "Tum on, Mom!"

Thursday night we roasted marshmallows. Yum!

Friday we helped haul away logs, branches and sticks from a tree my dad cut down. Samuel got so dirty!




The kids built forts and played Nephites and Lamanites. This was their bank where they kept their rocks they used as money to buy food and weapons

Lexi's store she's showing me. It's hard to see, but there were pine needles, and assorted pine cones and fun nature things like that.
Tom's store was similar: piles of pine needles, berries, moss, leaves, etc.  They all had a great time for hours on Friday and Saturday.

The view of the back of the house on the way down the hill from the forts.

2 comments:

Sara Lyn said...

So fun!

Nola said...

I love all the pictures and commentary. I didn't get a picture at the temple so I'm glad you did. I like the shot of the back of the house and yard.