Week by week

Week by week

Monday, February 8, 2016

Week ending 2-7-16

Tuesday: Making bike paths in the back and side yards. 
It was Groundhog's Day and we were thrilled to learn that the Groundhog didn't see his shadow. Better play in the snow since spring is on it's way! :)
We didn't do much for the holiday, just got up early to watch the groundhog news and made biscuits with sausages coming out of them like groundhogs. 
Anderson had his first rice cereal. I'm such a lazy mom this time around. I don't know how much more I'll be giving him. Alexis begs to feed him, but it's so much work. It's easier to nurse and read. Or give him some teething wafers, which I've also started letting him eat. He is 5 months old now and pretty good except for needing to be held nearly every waking moment 

I think Madalyn took these pictures for her photography class. 

Thursday: Madalyn's 14th birthday!!
She made this triple chocolate cake from a light cookbook. It turned out perfect!

I was nursing Anderson at Kylie's desk in the corner of the school room when I looked over at the kids happily eating Madalyn's birthday dinner. It was such a sweet, serene moment. The camera happened to be sitting in front of me so I grabbed it and captured the moment.

Madalyn opening presents.
As always, Alexis made a cardboard creation for the birthday child. This time it was a drawing case.
The whole birthday scene from my perspective. 
Thomas drew a picture of her and put it in his baptismal frame. She also got a bath scrubby, 2 shirts, and a watch from my parents. 


Friday: We had a fun family gathering at our house. Nathan's siblings and cousins came and one uncle from Florida. I loved that my two little boys were constantly held and entertained by someone. These gatherings are our favorite thing about living in Utah. 









I know it's blurry but I love the scene of Kaitlyn sliding down the stairs on a blanket and Uncle Seth playing a tiny violin for Anderson. 



Saturday: Andy Man looked like a baker in this hat. 





Sunday: Makenna's 4th birthday!
Before church she opened a new Book of Mormon.


After church we broke our fast with pizza and cake and ice cream. 
While the pizza was cooking and Nathan and the older kids at choir practice, Makenna decorated her cake with M&M's: peanut, plain, peanut butter, and strawberry--all Valentine colors. 

Wow! Looks like a lot of presents. Nearly every sibling made her something. 

Holding up the thermometer Kaitlyn made for her to use on her sick baby doll. (The dolls are always sick or injured in their play right now.) Alexis made Makenna's doll a closet (on the right.) I gave her a snack bucket to play nursery class with her doll (and Alexis and Kaitlyn.)
  
Kylie made this cute diaper bag for her baby doll.
So glad we have our sweet, happy, breech baby! 
She was a miracle and we love her so much.