Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Week ending 7-24-16

Kylie, Madalyn, and Alexis had nieces week with Aunt Sara in Provo. Spencer went to scout camp. That left me with five children, 8 years old and younger. We had a lot of fun doing little kid stuff.
Monday: We set up two tents to read and play in every morning after breakfast before it got too hot.
This one didn't have stakes so Thomas tried tying it to the tree and holding it down with rocks. Samuel is trying to help set it up here. 

After going to the school lunch we came home and read books. Thomas took these pictures of 4 little monkeys climbing all over the corner couch while I tried reading to them. 


Tuesday we picked a lot of apricots off a friend's tree. I wish we could have gotten a picture of it; we drove the van underneath the tree and stood on it to reach the apricots. It was fun. 



We went to the school lunch everyday and it was a fun, free activity to get out of the house and do. 



Tuesday night Grandma came to say good-bye, headed back to Florida. 

Thomas slept in the tent one night (or part of a night; he came in at 3 because it was so hot) 

Thursday we rode bikes to the park and the school breakfast. 

We spent the afternoon making jam with the apricots. 

Thursday night my brother and his family stopped here to sleep on their move to Wyoming. They pulled out Friday morning. 
I took these because 6 of my kids weren't here and wanted pictures of the Uhaul. 

Friday: Anderson loves throwing all the bread, tortillas, and peanut butter out of the bread cupboard. Then he crawls in. 

Friday afternoon I went to Provo to get my 5 girls who had spent the night (Kait and Kenna joined the older ones Thursday night.) We had a little tea party and I enjoyed talking with 5 of my sisters-in-law.

I think Alexis took this one of Uncle Morgan making faces. 
The little boys had their own snack and movie area. 
Morgan making Anderson laugh. (Redeeming himself of an earlier occurrence where he fished a lego out of his mouth and became the least favorite uncle.)

Saturday: Anderson getting into the flour while I was making rolls. 

"Hmm. This looks so good but every time I try it, it doesn't taste good." 
"I'm going to get you with my big white hand." 
Later the little boys were missing and I found them in my shower, washing their hair without water. They had gobs and gobs of shampoo on their heads. 



1 comment:

Lori Hofmann said...

Haha! I love the last picture of Samuel washing Anderson's hair!