Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Week ending 9-11-16

Monday: Labor Day but we don't take it off of school. 
Therefore, the kids took their work outside while waiting for cousins to arrive. 

Five of Nathan's seven siblings live here in Utah so we had them over for a Labor Day get-together. 
I put out sandwiches, chips, fruit, and cookies on the desk and the kids could come in and out for refills as needed. I love that the desk is low and perfect for kids and by the back door. We're really blessed to rent this house.  
Cousin Parker with Makenna on the basement stairs. 
I also love having the basement playroom for when cousins come over. 
Hanging out in the kitchen/dining room. I think there were 21 kids and 9 adults. 
Our yard is also perfect for family to come over. Again, I feel really blessed to be renting this house. We rented it without even coming out to see it, but it turned out perfect. 


 
These cousins were fighting over holding Baby Joseph. 
I love it when teenagers fight over babies.
Morgan 
Madalyn and Samuel

Tuesday: Thomas got recruited by Lex de Azevedo Studios to be in a Halloween nursery rhyme for youtube. It was last minute but we were free and it was just 6 minutes from our house. I've never been in a real studio before and it was pretty fun. A lot of sitting around and waiting, but still exciting. He may do  few more. 
Pictures of the studio cause Kylie told me to take some for her to see. 

Thomas and Kaitlyn 
This makeup artist was sooo good! 
Judy, on the right, is also our pageant director. 
Good, huh?! 

The choreographer teaching the kids a few moves. 
Some of the other actors. 
Frankenstein and his bride. 

I thought this little guy was cute and his facepaint looked like a mask; it was so good. 
Dancing to a song. I'll try to post the video. 
All of the characters. 

Spencer took this because it looked like a paintbrush (before the clouds split away.)

Wednesday: All the kids doing school in our school room. 
This house is perfect except I don't like how there's not a great place to homeschool. I think it's funny homeschooling right where we walk in the front door; I liked it as a living room better; but it's working. 
I finally got the maps up and nametags and first day photos printed. Next to the photos are the kids' checklists to check off subjects as they do them. 
I hung up our old timeline we made in 2010 and am adding our history figures to the dates that happen before the timeline starts.

Anderson walking off with Alexis's scripture bag. 
This face was so cute. 

Friday: accident scene. 
The three little kids were riding in the bike trailer pulled by Thomas's little bike, but it tipped over and they all spilled out. Bloody noses and lips, but everyone was OK. 


Alexis quickly turned it into a game and played ambulance and hospital. 




Alexis putting Samuel on the stretcher and transporting him to the hospital. 

Friday night: I'm always happy for Nathan to take over holding Andy when he comes home from work. I'm grateful he's willing to hold him even though it's way past dinner time and he's probably starving. 

What will these two look like with their phones in 20 years? 
We've had these two play phones for years and just brought them out and put new batteries in them.

Saturday: BYU verses University of Utah. 
We ate party foods and I made rocky road cookie dough fudge from a cookbook I got at the library. It sounded so interesting I had to try it. It turned out perfect. 
Kaitlyn 
Makenna 
I love having parties with my kids. 
Alexis made her food into a Y. 

My fudge by some BYU cookies I found at the grocery store. 
Watching the game 
We had a great week.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

It appears that you have all had an eventful week! The accident scene made my heart ache. Glad they were all okay! I'm always worried about my kids teeth anytime they have a face injury. Alexis seems to be a good asset in a crisis. I bet the distraction of the game helped the little ones feel better faster. I hope the coming week is a good one (with no injuries)!

Diane said...

It can be really nice to have family around. Glad your kids are getting to know their cousins. Your party looked like a lot of fun. I hope Nathan's practice is going well.