Week by week

Week by week

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Week ending 9-18-16

Sunday night Samuel wanted to sleep in the rocking chair. 
After the little kids went to bed we goofed off, which included comparing feet.
Here Spencer shows off how close his foot is to Nathan's, a size 13. Spencer's foot has grown several sizes in just a few months. 
My foot compared to Alexis (right). Hers is catching up to mine! 

Wednesday I took the 6 little kids to the park. It was the first fall-feeling day and I just had to be out in it. Besides, I had errands by it, including getting Kylie's birthday present, so it all worked out. 

Under the play structure there was a neat little hammock thing. 

Alexis on the spinning chairs. 
We also had to have s'mores on this crisp, fall day. 


Alexis roasted 3 marshmallows and put them all in her mouth to try to say "chubby bunny." She couldn't do it, but just laughed instead. 
The end of the bobsled run. Unfortunately the owner of the "bobsled" came and got it this week, so there is no more bobsledding for us. It was fun while it lasted. 
Thursday: I took the older 3 to do baptisms at the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. Alexis stayed home with the little kids. They played train complete with lunches on lunch trays. She's so good to do fun, creative things while she baby-sits. 

Their train chairs. 

Saturday was Kylie's 16th birthday. 
She got to have lots of extended family over for lunch and make a fancy cake for dessert. Here she is trying to figure out how to decorate the cake. 
Everyone eating lunch. 
I love having this low desk to put the food for a buffet. Kylie wanted tortierre, or Canadian meat pie, so I made that. I also threw in a few pizzas for those who didn't want the messy pie. 
Sixteen sweets for her sweet sixteen! 
Kylie and Kaitlyn, buddies. 

Putting candles on. 
Opening a coat from my mom. 
Aunt Kira made her some curtains for her bedroom. 
Piano music always gets a smile.
Spencer holding cousin Joseph with Anderson.
It was a great party and I left before the guests did, to drive out to California to visit my dad.
 My sister and the 6 little kids came with me.

No comments: