Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Weeks ending 11-20 and 11-27

Last Sunday my mom was here and I totally forgot to blog. But I hadn't taken many pictures that week anyway. So here are the past two weeks'.
Thursday, November 17: Our first snowfall. It was exciting except for the fact that it's not a big deal here. The weather was not on all day, schools were not cancelled or even delayed. We miss North Carolina. They would have made it special. 


Alexis made an itty-bitty snowman. 

Sunday November 20: Makenna and Samuel goofing off on the couch. 
My mom was visiting and brought black and gray, so we all wore black and white and gray. 

Monday: Madalyn's last day in the pit orchestra playing for the Broadway musical Mary Poppins. She's been practicing for 2 months, sometimes 6 days a week. At the end they were rehearsing from 2:30-10pm after school and from 8-5 on Saturdays. It was a great experience for her and the play was phenomenal. I've never seen a play done so over the top. 
I'm glad to have my Madalyn back home, though! I missed her.
Wednesday night: making pies with Mama 
Thursday: Turkey is going in the roaster at 8am. 
Family sitting around while I do all the work. :) Just kidding. 
Relaxing during the parade. It was so fun having my brothers and mom come. I haven't had Thanksgiving with them in 14 years. 
Turkey is done at 12:15! 
My brother, Brady carves the turkey. 


Friday: We celebrated my mom's birthday a few days early. 


It was a wonderful Thanksgiving; the best I've had in years. I'm so grateful my brothers and mom came from California, Wyoming, and Utah. We got to sit around and talk a lot, watch movies, play football, go on walks, do some shopping, and just relax.

1 comment:

Marcie said...

Actually the "December leaves" tree picture was supposed to be of a hawk-it was on the sport court net, but when I (Alexis) opened the door to take a picture it flew into the tree. it's in the middle, but you can't see it very well.