Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Week ending 2-26-17

Another normal week of school, baby-sitting, violin and band, chess tournaments, and cold snowy weather.
Sunday: Makenna wanted her picture taken after watching home videos of Madalyn at this age wearing the same dress. 
Then Kaitlyn wanted her picture taken. 
Anderson unloading the silverware. 
Every time I pull out the camera he sticks his hand out for me to take a picture of his "ouchie", the burn from 2 weeks ago. 


Tuesday: Anderson and Samuel enjoying a granola snack. 
They're starting to play together more and I love it. 
Sticking out his hand again. 
Talking on the phone like Daddy. 
Wednesday: Samuel ready to play in the snow. He doesn't believe in long sleeves or coats. He says, "But, I'm brave." One day several weeks ago the snow had melted but it was still cold. Spencer ran out barefoot to shoot a few hoops. I told Samuel to put his shoes on and go play outside with him. He said, "But Spencer doesn't have shoes on." Without thinking I replied, "Well, Spencer's brave." Now every time I tell Samuel to wear long sleeves or get a coat or shoes he says, "But I'll be brave." Even sitting around the house we're all wearing our warm winter sweaters and he wears the same 2 t-shirts and says he's brave, he doesn't need to wear warm clothes. 
Anderson watching the snow. But as soon as I pulled out the camera he stuck his hand out again. 
I had to distract him to look at the snow so he'd stop showing me his ouchie. 
Friday: Andy sticking out his hand while I take a picture of our family gathering. 
This is Nathan and one of his little sisters. 
Chatting at the table. Some of Nathan's uncles and cousins came from Florida to snowboard. I wish I could go to Florida to enjoy the warm sun. 
The cousins playing games in the basement. 

Saturday: Eating peanut butter right out of the jar. Andy had stuck out his hand when I started to take the picture so I waited and then I got one with his mouth wide open. But it made me laugh. 
I worked on picking out baby clothes to make a memory quilt. I had no idea what I wanted it to look like but my sister-in-law is helping me. I think it'll look like this with a border between all the clothes. The top left corner is Nathan's and mine. Then Kylie's, Madalyn's, etc, down to the new baby who hasn't worn hers yet. Each child has a square and will have their name on it.

1 comment:

Lori Hofmann said...

I love the picture of Sam going out to the snow in short sleeves with his cute hat on!