Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Week ending 7-23-17

Last Sunday: Kaitlyn holding Talea 

Sunday night I posted on our RS facebook page, looking for a swing to borrow while my older kids are gone the next few weeks and it's hard to hold Talea while putting the little kids to bed. Monday morning at 7:30 someone brought this swing to our door, saying she found it on the curb after seeing my post. What a blessing! 
Tuesday: Tea party 
Talea enjoying the swing. 
Starting to look chubby. She's almost 8 lbs now.
I had fun doing a little photo shoot with Madalyn's camera. 














Kaitlyn looked like a cute English lady from the back. 
 Talea and Makenna hanging out before bed. 
Wednesday: Talea was one of Lexi's babies while they played house all day. 
Apparently she doesn't like the doll stroller though.  

That night my mom, Lori, and the 3 oldest came home from Wyoming. Here are the pictures Madalyn took there:
On the way to Worland they stopped at a famous ice cream cone place 
and got these huge single cones. 

My brother and his family are living in a trailer while building their log house. 
Working hard. I mean, playing hard. Hey, I thought you went up to work?!! 
Kylie and Madalyn with their cousins. 
Beautiful Wyoming sunset. 
The foundation of the house and the neat clouds. 
Stripping bark off these huge logs. 

The kids slept in tents. 
Stripping the logs. 
Yeah, I guess you were working! That looks hard. 
More neat storm clouds. 


Lifting the first log onto the rebar on the foundation.
Thursday 

Spencer used to baby-sit for this friend in NC. 
Now he's taller than her! It was great to see her and her kids. 
Hanging out with Mama. 
and Spencer. 
My sister, Trish, who teaches Social Studies in China, visited us on Friday and got her Talea snuggles. 

Friday night Nathan's mom flew in and got her Talea snuggles. 

Saturday Nathan and I went out for our anniversary and when we came home we had a nice surprise in our bedroom. The kids cleaned our bedroom and bathroom, leaving chocolates on our pillows, 
handprints on the mirror, 

and laying out Talea's blessing outfit for the next day (our real anniversary). 
It was hard to get a picture of the handprints, but it looked awesome. Madalyn had drawn a picture of the temple in the middle and traced all the kids' hands all around it, even little Talea's. I don't know if I can ever wash it off. I want it to stay there forever. It was all super sweet! We have the best kids. 
Alexis played babies with Talea again, dressing her in a matching outfit as her baby doll. 

Saturday night: Hanging out with Grandma, reading scriptures and writing in journals. 
We blessed our 10th child on our 18th anniversary! 



Both of our moms came--Nathan's from Florida and mine from California. 
Eating lunch after church and hanging out. Nathan had 5 siblings come and I had 1. That made 37 people! It was awesome. I love having so much family nearby for special occasions as this. 
 When I saw everyone come into the chapel I just started to cry. It's the first time we've had much family for a blessing and it meant a lot to me.









Cousin Paige holding Talea. 












1 comment:

Lori Hofmann said...

Trisha looks so tan!
Uh...you might want to mention to Nathan that you shouldn't wear socks with sandals, since you brought it up:)