Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, December 10, 2017

Holladays' week 12-10-17

Tuesday: Madalyn reading outside with blankets. I'm reading a book about the benefits of outdoor time every day so I'm encouraging the kids to play and do their school outside as much as they can. It was in the 30's all week but they all still managed to spend at least an hour outside each day. 
Trying to sew Talea's stocking while holding her. I'm almost finished. 

Wednesday: The kids spent several hours outside this day in the bitter cold. When I came home from some errands I found Alexis and Madalyn reading in the front yard, Makenna and Kaitlyn were nestled in the bike trailer on the porch with their babies, and Spencer and Thomas were reading in the back yard.



At 4:30 we left to go to Temple Square. We've lived here almost 2 years and I've never once taken them. It's about time! I'm a country person so I feared driving into the city, parking, the crowds, etc. Kylie offered to drive for me, we found parking easily, and there was hardly anyone there. It was the perfect night to go. Except for the 22 degree weather! We had to scrounge up coats because we're not coat people either. We really miss North Carolina! Two years ago we were wearing shorts at Christmastime. 
The clouds were really pretty floating across the mountains as we drove up the freeway. 



I love seeing all 10 kids lined up. 
Everyone else has pictures of their kids with the Christus. Now we do too. 

We walked around to see the lights, listened to a concert in the Assembly Hall, and saw the visitor center briefly. Everyone was really well behaved and in great moods. I'm so glad we went. 
Ten kids standing in the doorway of the temple. I can't believe how huge the temple is! It's the first time the youngest 5 have ever been there and they loved seeing the real Salt Lake Temple up close after seeing it in the Friend magazine so many times.


Afterwards we went to Harmons and got treats. It had a second story balcony where we sat by the fire and ate and goofed off some. I loved how happy everyone was. We hung out for awhile and reluctantly headed home. It was a great evening.




Friday: These pictures are for my mom. Now that I'm done having children I'd like to slowly update my wardrobe. The sweater is years old and has two good-sized holes, but my mom helped me pick out these boots and I got the pants with a gift card so I thought I'd take a picture. She'd be proud of me. I hope she looks at my blog. :)
Alexis told me to be silly and demonstrated. I said, "Like this?" and she snapped pictures as I copied her. :) She's so fun... and way cuter than me when she acts silly.



Saturday: Talea looked so cute after a freezing cold walk.

Trying a bite of baby food for the first time. She loved it.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Marcie you are adorable. I love the new boots. Looks like you all are having fun. It might be too late to vote, but I like Madalyns 2nd dress.

Sara Lyn said...

Love as always!