Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, May 20, 2018

Week ending 5-20-18

This week was great!!
It was quiet Tuesday morning and when I went to check on the little kids I found them in the basement playing "bedtime." Haha. Andy was in the dress-up box and the other 3 were in Samuel's bed.




Tuesday afternoon I took the older kids swimming to celebrate our last day of school. We didn't get any pictures except a few of Kaitlyn attempting an handstand. :) But we had a great time.
Wednesday was my birthday and I got to take these 4 on a really fun, difficult hike. Kylie, Madalyn, and my mom stayed home with the 4 little kids. My favorite thing was that it was so beautiful and we were sore the next day. A hike isn't a hike unless I'm sore. :)
This picture is our "before" picture, just starting off at the bottom of the trail. 
Selfie 
Tom, Kait, and Lex
Having a great hike! 
This was the prettiest hike I've been on in Utah.
I took this to show the kids I was standing in the middle of the waterfall taking it. Not really, but I wanted it to look like that. 



Alexis took one of me about to jump in to show the little kids. 


This is the "after"picture. Alexis is holding the sole to her shoe, which entirely ripped off on the way down.
After my hike we went to the park and had a taco salad picnic dinner. My sister-in-law came with her 2 kids. My mom came too and we all had a good time. The weather was perfect.
Tami took these pictures since we didn't bring a camera. Thanks, Tami! 




I made a pan of granola bars for my cake. They were perfect for a picnic since we didn't need plates or forks and everyone liked them. 

Thursday: Kaitlyn was in Provo so I took Thomas, Makenna, Samuel, Anderson, and Talea to the store and park. It was beautiful weather again and we had a quiet relaxing time. 


Friday: Madalyn got her driver's license finally! Her driver's ed class was a ridiculous amount of work with a bunch of essays, uploading videos of herself roll playing, etc. But she finally finished it and we stopped at the DMV on the way to meet my mom on her way up from Spanish Fork. We took these 4 little kids (one is a boy we were babysitting) and they were so cute goofing off together.

In the afternoon Aunt Lori comes!! We picked her up from the airport and had a nice dinner and evening with her. The next morning she was off to Wyoming with our mom and 3 of my kids. 
Dinner with her favorite nieces and nephews. :) 


While we were eating Kylie arrived home from an orchestra competition. She looked so beautiful in her sweeping black dress and her hair all curled. This picture doesn't do her justice. 
Saturday morning Lori, my mom, Thomas, Makenna, and Samuel rented a car and left for Wyoming. We'll be following them next week. 

Saturday afternoon Spencer and these 3 beautiful girls left to participate in the youth temple celebration for the Jordan River Temple dedication. They've been practicing for months. Spencer and Kylie played their violins, Madalyn played her flute, and Alexis sang in the choir.  

It was exciting to see them go after all their hard work. And Kaitlyn and I were super excited to be able to watch it on TV. Here they're climbing over the wall to catch their ride with the YW. 
There goes Madalyn! 
And Alexis! 
First Kaitlyn and I took Andy and Talea for a long walk. Andy fell asleep in the stroller and we moved him to the couch. We had part of the party without him, watching the celebration and eating popcorn. Then we woke him up because I knew he'd love watching it with us, and he did. He was so excited to see the performance and "Henry," one of his favorite apostles. 


On our walk we stopped at a yard sale and they gave us these Halloween decorations since we didn't have any money on us. Kait loved them so much she took a picture. :) 
After the 4 youth came home we had dinner outside. It was a beautiful day and I was having a wonderful, relaxing day after a busy week. I was also basking in only having 7 children. 
The day seemed so easy!  

No comments: