Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, August 12, 2018

Week ending 8-12-18

We started school this week and really enjoyed it. It's going to be a great year, my first without a newborn or being pregnant. I'm super excited to have a toddler (when she learns to walk!) and have my hands free to help the kids more, do more science experiments and art, and cook healthier.
Monday morning: First day of school! 
Moving the couch out of the school room to make room for more desks. 
For science we're doing anatomy and physiology. 
Tuesday: Doing read-aloud after all going on a walk together. I was so happy for cool mornings on the first and second days of school so that it felt more like school and fall. 

Wednesday: Our morning walk/bike ride/parade down the street. :) 
Alexis and Talea rode the green machine, Thomas and Makenna rode the flash rider, Kaitlyn rode a scooter, Samuel and Anderson rode their bikes and I jogged. We go see the water wheel and horses down the street. 









Thursday: Playing on the swing with cousins. 
Aunt Tami and Talea 

Friday: The boys asked if they could eat lunch by the mailbox. The night before they had sat out there waiting for Brady and Tami to come so maybe that's why. I thought it was super cute and such a fun childhood thing to do; something I would have done as a kid. 


Friday: Thomas turns 11! He made a healthy lemon cake and drew a floor plan on the top. 




We gave him a small lego set. 
My mom got him this cool scooter off of KSL. 

Saturday: I love taking Talea for walks every morning. This particular morning we saw the sunrise and everything was beautiful and quiet. It's been a wonderful summer of morning walks and I'll miss these peaceful times. In the winter I go in the afternoon when it's warmer but it's also busier. 



Sunday: As I'm updating my blog, this is what everyone else is doing:
Playing "Blast From the Past" a church history trivia game. 
Sam and Kenna goof off on the couches. 

Andy plays "Don't Eat Frank" by himself. 
Spencer sleeps in the hammock.

No comments: