Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, October 21, 2018

Week ending 10-21-18

We had a great week. We got a lot of good school in after our 2 week fall break. The weather was in the 60's so we also got a lot of outside time. We didn't have any appointments, activities, or events to go to so it was a very relaxing week. In the evenings we read, played games, watched episodes about our favorite multiple families (Outdaughtered and Sweet Home Sextuplets), popped popcorn, and sat around the table chatting. I love having so much time with my kids. I wish Nathan could say the same thing. He worked till 10 or 11 most nights and from 9am to midnight on Saturday.
On Wednesday morning the older kids did yard work at the temple so I had a great time doing preschool with the little kids. We drew numbers and letters and words in the cornmeal, just for something fun and different than paper.


Spencer showing off his 6 pack and challenging Makenna to punch it. 
Thursday: More preschool. It was a terrific week in terms of doing school with the little kids. Homeschooling is so hard to juggle big, middle, and little kids. I always feel like I'm neglecting someone or they get the short end of the stick. But it's so rewarding when I do get in some good instruction and bonding time and everyone's needs are met.
We went on a fall walk to make books. Some of the kids sketched fall scenes they saw. Others wrote a story. Samuel wanted to make a photo book of things he saw so he had me take these pictures and told me what to write.
"Samuel in front of the chrysanthemums." Mums are his favorite flower because they only bloom in fall and fall is his birthday. He points them out whenever he sees them. 
"Samuel in fwont of the dead twee." 
"Samuel by the skeletons pwaying chess." 
"Samuel by the tree where we pick pears." 
"Samuel by the cobwebs and spiders." 
Thursday afternoon I took the 3 little kids to the raw milk farm. Usually they stay in the car while I buy the milk and cheese but this time we weren't in a hurry so they got out and looked at the animals. 
The calves are so cute. 



Talea loves animals and enjoyed petting them. 


The view from my seat. Seeing farm fresh food makes me so happy and feel so alive. I'm so glad we have access to raw milk, cheese, and pastured chickens. We also got 6 little pumpkins for only 50 cents each. 
Friday: Kaitlyn and Makenna wanted to sleep in their hideout behind the couch. They played there all week so I finally agreed they could sleep there. They fell asleep in minutes so I guess it was comfortable!  
Usually the couch is pushed against the wall but they angled it to be their hideout. 

No comments: