Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, August 18, 2019

Week ending 8-18-19

We had a pretty laid-back week. No appointments or errands or much going on except school. 
We got colds and mostly stayed home.
To follow the missionary tags the little boys got from primary last week, Makenna and Kaitlyn made their own this week. 


Dancing to Spencer's music. 

Monday: Alexis cutting Spencer's hair. I'm really tired of giving 5 boys haircuts every month (I don't know how families do it with more than 5!) so I've recruited Alexis to help me out occasionally. I did Sam's, Andy's and Tom's and Alexis did Nathan's and Spencer's. I did like stepping outside to seeing the little sister cutting her big brother's hair and hear them happily chatting. They're going to high school together this year (a few classes) and I'm looking forward to seeing how their relationship grows and changes with the older 2 girls gone.
Friday: Sam and Andy went to MamaJo's house to hang out with her (she's 70 :)) and she lent them her squirt guns. 

Kait's edible playdoh creations. 

Saturday: The view from my window as I was leaving to go on a hike. The 5 little kids (and sometimes the older ones) always have to "go running" with whoever is leaving whether it's the garbageman, family, friends, the therapists, or the mailman. They run down the street to this corner as the car drives away and shout good-bye. 

Pictures from my hike. 
 
A creek coming down the side of the mountain right through the middle of the trail. 

Looking down the other side after it crossed the trail. 
Looking up at the creek as I crossed it. 

The prettiest part of the trail. 


I took pictures of a few plants that I sketched so that I could show them to my nature school class when I got home. I really enjoyed sitting and sketching, listening to conference and pondering. 


I also sketched these trees. 

 
 
A beautiful meadow full of butterflies that I couldn't capture on film. 
The log bridge I crossed.

No comments: