Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, August 9, 2020

Week ending 8-9-20


Last Sunday: Everyone got out their instruments and played each other's for 3 hours.
Here Andy plays Thomas's cello. 
Samuel gives it a try. 


Makenna gave Andy a little lesson. 
Andy made a paper guitar. 
Spencer gives Makenna a violin lesson.
Monday: Checking on our garden. 

Madalyn was so good to play dolls and kitchen set with Talea. 
First day of school!
Filling in geography maps.

Tuesday: First day of violin lessons for Makenna.
First day of piano for Kaitlyn! One of Kylie and Madalyn's friends is going to teach them twice a month.
Having a hurricane party for Kylie--watching the NC forecast on our old station and wishing we were there.
Andy wanted a selfie as I tucked him in.

Wednesday: Lori is here and helping pick peaches!
Thursday: Showing her our garden.

Playing Ticket to Ride with Lori.
Movie party
I played "kitchen set" with Talea while the other kids watched a short show. She begs me to play with her all day. She's adorable and I just treasure this age and all the cute things she says.
Friday: We went to the city pool for the first time since we lived in Texas. At that time it was $1 a person and most of my kids were free so I could afford it. Since then we haven't been able to so this was a fun treat. I'm so glad Lori was there to help watch all the kids and help them to learn to swim so I could play with the older girls. We raced on the slides and swam laps.
It was a really fancy pool; I would have loved something like this when I grew up.

Madalyn going off the higher diving board.
Kaitlyn going down the slide for the first time.
Hanging out watching the diving pool.
Lori goes off the highest platform.
Thomas in line for the highest platform.

Samuel, too short to go on the slides.
Kaitlyn on the low dive.



Saturday: Even though there are no Olympics this summer we had our own Olympic party. We watched the Magnificent Seven compete in the 1996 Olympics where they won gold. It was so much fun!
Sam and Andy eating outside and watching through the window. They weren't supposed to have a party with us because they wouldn't help but they ended up making the most of their own party outside and were pretty cute.
Pretty little girl playing with her kitchen. Someone gave it to us when Kylie was born and we've sure gotten use out of it with 6 girls!
Playing play-doh with the Browns who came over for the afternoon.
Sunday: Getting ready in my bathroom. I love it! I just missed Kylie but tried to appreciate these moments with the rest of my children.

Talea wanted a picture of the back of her hair.
Photo shoot with Lori after church.
I can't get enough of my little girl with pretty curls.
Twins! Lori and Talea share the same birthday so they call themselves twins.

Alexis offered to take a picture with me in it so we switched places.
Lori hugs!



Buddies on the swing.



Sisters!  I am 4 years older.

No comments: