Week by week

Week by week

Monday, April 27, 2015

Week ending 4-26-15

I got to do some fun things with my precious children last week. On Wednesday we went to the famous Duke Gardens. On Saturday I took Kylie, Madalyn, and Alexis to Virginia Beach for a Sister's Conference to see the General YW president. We did a little sightseeing beforehand and had a great time. 
If a lot of pictures annoys you, feel free to scroll. If you want bigger pictures, click on them. I'm posting a lot because this blog is part of our scrapbook and these are memories never to be forgotten. We love looking back over pictures and remembering these special times. I'm so blessed to have wonderful children whom I just love hanging out with and taking places. They couldn't be any sweeter.


 My favorite field-trippers at Duke Gardens.
 Standing on the Japanese Bridge.




 Can you spot the two turtles Thomas was watching?
 Kait and Kenna
 Sam comes to photo bomb.
He wanted his picture taken too, but didn't sit long enough for me to get a good shot. Then he was up and running again.
 I love little girls!
 Running around a little meadow.
 My five girls.
 The kids in front of the Terrace gardens, watching the Koi fish.
 I was standing on a path across from the pond and it was one of those moments where I looked at them from a distance, almost as if I were another tourist there, and thought, "Are all those kids really mine? Wow! I'm so blessed." and "Where has the time gone? They're growing up so fast." 


 A great picture on the first and only try!
(Sam ran away a second later.)
 He loved playing on whatever this is.
 Not a good picture because of the glare, but this is a giant bird house.

 That's all for Duke Gardens. What a terrific day! 

 Our trip to Virginia Beach on Saturday could have been better if had been sunny and warm instead of cold, rainy, and windy. Bummer! But I still had a great time. My girls are so pleasant and easy-going and fun to be with.

 Last year when we went we stuck Samuel through this, so Alexis and Madalyn wanted their picture.

 Cape Henry Lighthouse. 
Built in 1792. First one federally funded. Authorized by George Washington and overseen by Alexander Hamilton. It is near the spot the pilgrims landed in 1607. 

 About to climb the 191 stairs to the top.
 We made it! 
(It was actually very quick and easy; not as hard as they made it sound in the gift shop.)
I have videos from the top but these were the only stills I took. This is our first time up in a lighthouse and it was really neat.
 The steep ladder at the very top.

After the lighthouse we went to the stake center where I received YW leader training from Sister Bonnie Oscarson, the YW General President. It was amazing sitting in the front seat right in front of her in this little YW room. Afterward we went into the chapel and got to hear her as well as Sister Linda Burton, 2nd Counselor in RS and Mary Durham, 2nd counselor in Primary. What an experience! The chapel was packed clear to the stage of all women ages 8 and up. There was the sweetest spirit there and uplifting messages. I hope my girls never forget it.
This is a picture of Sister Burton as she was talking to someone. I should have gotten a good picture of her with us, but we talked to her and hugged her in the chapel so I didn't want to ask for a picture and I didn't want to hug her again in the foyer when there were so many others wanting a chance. So I just snapped this as I walked outside to get our dinner out of the car.

 Meanwhile, Nathan took 5 kids to the ward campout and had a good time. A friend took these pictures and sent them to me.







2 comments:

Sara Lyn said...

Oh! Great, great pictures! Although I was surprised to see non-navy-blue shirts on the field trips. :) You've been to some beautiful places. And, of course, have such photogenic, beautiful children. I loved the picture of you ready to go up the stairs. :) And what a great meeting to be a part of!

Nola said...

Great pictures, I'm glad you got to go on some fun trips.