Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, January 20, 2019

Week ending 1-20-19

We had a pretty good week. We had a few kids with lingering fevers so we mostly stayed home. Not that we go many places anyway, but when I know I should keep kids home and not even take them with me to the store, it seems harder. We did a lot of school, Spencer got braces, Madalyn stayed with Aunt Sara for the 4 day weekend and Kylie came home.
Last Sunday: Samuel and Anderson surfing on an upside down chair. I wasn't going to include this picture but then decided to because it was so funny when it was happening. Andy was falling and grabbing Samuel who was terrified he was going to fall too. So then they're both screaming they're going to fall and the rest of us were just laughing. 
When they got their balance again they were all smiles. 

Monday morning: These 3 came into my room and happily read books while I rode my exercise bike and waited for others to wake up. I hate Utah because it's so dark here and we end up sleeping in till almost 8 but I was thrilled to start the week off right by waking up early and having a little time before our 8:00 prayer call time and breakfast. After that I fly through the day as fast as I can, so I'd like more time in the mornings to read my scriptures and exercise and plan my day.  
Playing with my ear plugs in his ears the wrong way.  

Tuesday morning: Spencer finally gets braces! He's been waiting years and last year it was his goal to get them but every time he went to the orthodontist they said he needed to wait for more baby teeth to come out and grow in. So finally in the fall they said he was ready but we had trouble with medicaid and getting it approved. Monday afternoon the ortho called and said it was approved and they had an appointment the next morning. Spencer jumped up and down when I told him. He was so happy. Hopefully he can get them off before college unlike Kylie who still has hers.
Makenna got to sit by him and help. 

Wednesday: I took this to send to Kylie saying I need help with all the sickies and boring week we were having. 
Later I took this one to ask Lori to come hang out with me and do something fun with the kids. She lives in Nashville but she said she'd be right over. :) Some weeks it gets awfully lonely being the only adult day after day, night after night with Nathan working till 11pm. Other times we have a lot of fun together and make the best of it. 

Kidnapping my phone and taking selfies. 
Thursday: Showing Lori the delicious chili I made with vegetables from our neighbor's garden that I froze last summer: zucchini, pumpkin, peppers, and tomatoes. She's a chili fan so I was once again trying to persuade her to come over. :) 
Pushing Talea on the front porch swing just to get out of the house for a few minutes. She loved it and laughed so hard. I got a video of that but I don't think I can post it here. 



Trying out the new hiking shoes Nathan got me for Christmas--probably the best Christmas present he's ever given me. I love hiking! Now that I have a good pair of shoes I aim to go once a month this year.  


I love stopping to see all the views and the dark clouds of the approaching storm. 













Friday: We went to the library for their snack time. 
Walking to the store at dusk. It was so pretty with fresh snow on the mountains.

My phone was kidnapped again. 



Saturday: We did some science to get ahead since there wasn't much else to do. Surprisingly, everyone came to the table quickly and we got a lot done cheerfully, so I'm really glad I had that idea.  
Nathan about to tickle Talea while hanging out in the RS room during the adult session of stake conference. 

No comments: