Week by week

Week by week

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

March Pictures

Here are some pictures of things we've been up to lately. 

Weekly or bi-weekly bread making day. I also do a huge batch of granola on this day and the kitchen is a mess. With only one oven, it is on all day and I'm in the kitchen all day switching food in and out and cleaning up all the crumbs of granola the kids make from snitching a handful as they run through the kitchen on their way to the back yard to play.

One day Kylie had fun putting Samuel in a bowl, then went around showing everyone, laughing, and taking pictures. He's such an easy-going baby he didn't mind a bit.

Nathan took this picture of the kids on a typical morning. Every morning they get up and go to the reading spot. I call them down for family prayer and breakfast at exactly 7:30. Some days I wonder how long they would stay there if they were never called down. They are so quiet and some mornings I think nobody is up yet. We still get 100+ books from the library and the kids love to read.

One Sunday morning the older girls couldn't get Makenna to wear this dress they really wanted her to wear so they put it on Samuel instead to see if it would make her want to wear it. She didn't care in the least (she's a stubborn 2 year old) and the rest of the kids got a good laugh at seeing Samuel in a pink dress.

Samuel absolutely loves the maps! When he's laid down by it he will kick and be all excited looking at it. When I read out loud during school I will often stand in front of the map so that he can look over my shoulder and coo and be visually stimulated. It's so cute how happy he is to see it.

Where Nathan sits most of the day reading his scriptures and working on his laptop. He spends the morning doing ward mission leader stuff and the afternoons on job related stuff.

Every morning when Kylie practices her violin Samuel loves to sit and listen to her.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!! 
 Kylie loves to pick out our outfits for church and make sure we all coordinate. 
 She also had fun making these cupcakes. I love how she really gets into things and makes even little holidays fun for all of us.

 Kylie fixed all the girls' hair into clovers with 3 buns.

 Spencer enjoys giving his buddy a ride on his shoulders.

 Samuel turned 5 months at the end of the month and is so adorable. He continues to be a happy, easy baby. He loves playing with toys and drooling on anything he gets into his mouth.


We celebrated Nathan's birthday with the missionaries on March 26, the night before he left for Florida. His birthday wasn't until the 30th but he would be celebrating it with his grandparents and cousins in JAX. I made a pork loin, potatoes, rolls, salad, and fruit salad.  
While I shaped a bunch of rosettes-my idea of fancy rolls--Kylie shaped this REALLY fancy roll. Everything she does is fancy! It turned out gorgeous and I'm sure it tasted delicious hot out of the oven with butter all over it.
 Madalyn made the Christmas tree and Alexis made the turtle.

 We had angel food cupcakes for dessert.

 Our eighth child and we finally got one of these fun toys. I've always wanted one and Samuel was lucky enough to get one from Santa this year. I just pulled it out and he loves it. 
This picture has a glare from the windows, but it was cute how happy Samuel was sitting between Madalyn and Kylie during FHE this week. The kids were doing a scripture chase and he just sat there grinning.

1 comment:

Sara Lyn said...

Your pictures are always so fun. Samuel is such a smiley baby! (I'm jealous you can get it on camera.) :) I love the fancy stuff Kylie does. I'm not a fancy girl, but I sure appreciate my fancy niece!