Week by week

Week by week

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Meeting the Duggars!!

I love the Duggar family! I think they are amazing. I am astounded at how good of a job JimBob and Michelle are doing in raising their children. Their whole family are polite, courteous, loving, and always reaching out to others instead of thinking of themselves. I sure wish I could emulate Michelle and be as patient and sweet as she is. Over the past few years when Nathan is working late and I'm going crazy, we eat dinner early and then put on a Duggar episode. It calms me down and cheers me up and recharges me with energy to handle the whole bedtime routine. Also, it brings a good feeling into our house as everyone starts talking as nice as the Duggars do. When I heard they were coming to Raleigh I jumped on the chance to go see them. We're so glad we did! We had to take two cars since we don't all fit in our van anymore, but it was still a fun family outing. 
 We had to wait in line for 2 hours, but it was worth it!


 Finally reaching the beginning of the line! We're next to go in!
The event was a book signing and they let about 10 people go in at a time to have their book signed and talk with the Duggars.  Our family is 10 people so we got to go in together and have the Duggars to ourselves for a short time.

After waiting for 2 hours, Samuel fell asleep just as it was our turn!

The 4 Duggar girls who wrote a new book.

 Alexis talking to Jinger about them both being the only left-handed people in their families.

 The whole family was just as personable and sweet as they appear on TV. I couldn't believe it. Michelle kept saying what a beautiful family we were and was so genuine as if she really wanted to be our friends. I'm so glad we got to go. I just hope someday they'll be interested in the Church. Wouldn't they make great Mormons? :)

1 comment:

Sara Lyn said...

So cool! I really admire the Duggars, too.