Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, October 14, 2018

Week ending 10-14-18

Monday: Talea grabbed a tiny hymnbook during FHE and started leading the music even though it was during the lesson. She often hums or waves her arm around the house and it's adorable. 
Wearing Daddy's shoes. 
Tuesday: Madalyn won a free family membership to the zoo for one year so we went for the first time on Tuesday. In NC homeschoolers could go once a year for free (to all zoos, aquariums, etc) and we loved that, but here they don't do that. Since it would cost me $120 to take the kids we wouldn't be going any time soon. I'm so grateful we got a free pass!! 
The daddy giraffe 
This lion drinking fountain is also at the park I grew up going to so I was really excited when I saw it. 



I love watching my children watch the animals. 
Peacock crossing 

I also love watching them all walk together. 

The mom and baby giraffe, only 3 weeks old. 


Born on Kylie's birthday! I took this picture to send to her. 
When we got home and for the next few days the kids played "take our babies to the zoo." They made paper animals (like Kait's mommy and baby giraffe in the picture) and taped them to walls and windows all over the house and took their babies there. It took several days to draw all the animals and several days to take their babies there so they were pretty occupied the rest of the week. 
It's hard to see but I took this picture to show the log fence surrounding the garden in this back yard. There were yard work people there so I didn't want to get too close or take too many pictures. I took it to show Thomas so that he'll make me one one day when we get a house we can grow a big garden at. 
Wednesday night I attended a meeting about LDS employment services which included a tour of DI. I took this to show the kids the bins of just one day's donations. 
Friday: While getting out fall clothes with the girls upstairs, I looked down and saw Andy having "Pwimawy" with Samuel and Talea. They were singing primary songs but had the music out for Spencer's concerto so when Spencer came along and saw them he laughed and said, "They're singing my concerto at church." 

We  heard a wham on our dining room window and Alexis said it was a bird. We looked out and saw this dying bird on the ground with a Cooper's Hawk watching it. Then it jumped on the bird and eventually took it away. 

I took this to send to Kylie, showing her the black bean burgers we were making and telling her I'd freeze her a bunch to take back to college next time she's here. I used black beans, carrots, green onions, tomatoes and bell peppers from our neighbors, sprouted oats, and some spices. They were my best ones ever. 
Saturday: I took this one to send to Nathan's mom who was coming later that evening. Andy was saying, "We're getting clean for Grandma to come."

No comments: