Week by week

Week by week

Monday, October 8, 2018

Week ending 10-7-18

Last Sunday: Coming out of the mother's lounge Talea insisted on walking and she reminded me of Kylie at this age so I took these just to text to Kylie and tell her I was thinking of her. 
Kylie often wore jumpers and had her hair in a bad ponytail that I was afraid to fix because it reminded her it was there and she'd pull it out. Talea will do the same thing if I try to fix it. 
Taking a walk to see the horsies Sunday afternoon. I take the little kids every week and it was nice that Nathan joined us this week. Actually, I take 2-3 walks. I take Talea in the mornings before church while everyone is still sleeping (I wake her up at 6:30 so that she'll take a nap at 9 before church so she'll be happy during RS) and then all the little kids after Talea's afternoon nap. And sometimes a third one with Spencer after all the kids are in bed. 
Makenna showing me her flowers. 


Taking my 3rd walk of the day with just Kaitlyn and Talea. We found this cool tree with low branches to climb. 




Tuesday: Reading party!! 
We love having reading parties in the winter and as this was the first cool, drizzly day it was the perfect time. The older kids were at YM/YW activities so I just had the 6 little ones. 


Wednesday: First fall field trip! We drove the beautiful Alpine Loop. 
We got food at Smith's and ate it at the park, then read in the car because it was too cold to play. :) 


We spent quite a bit of time this week picking fruits, veggies, and herbs from our neighbor's gardens and fruit trees. We gave away 6-8 bags and put many bags in our fridge. Here's what we hadn't eaten yet or couldn't fit into our fridge or freezer. 
Thursday: Makenna's sloppy joe made with grass-fed local beef, homemade tomato sauce, and fresh picked corn and okra. Plus raw milk from the local farm. It feels so good eating real, fresh food.
Thursday was a fun night. The older kids went to a seminary party and then Messiah practice so I again had the 6 little ones. We rode bikes in the drizzle, goofed off, made slow motion videos of bike crashes, and enjoyed the beautiful fall weather. 


There was this cool glow on one of the mountains Thomas was trying to get a picture of. 

Friday: Kylie came home for conference weekend and we immediately had a blast. Spencer had some friends over for his birthday party and while they played the rest of us played and bonded. I tried taking a selfie of just me and Talea when 1 child jumped in. 
Then another child jumped in. 
And another. 
And another.  
I love my fun, happy children! 
When Kylie got on the trampoline everyone immediately joined her. She's so fun and I love how they flock around her when she's home. 



Andy and Talea both love being held by her. 

They played different human domino games for quite a while. I wish I'd taken more pictures but I just stood and watched it and basked in those good feelings of watching your children truly love and have fun with each other. 
Andy and Talea talking and serving a cake to each other during scripture reading. 
Samuel joined in. 
Saturday: I was taking the train with the older girls to the women's session so in between sessions I took the little kids for their first train ride -just for fun. 
They loved it! Samuel keeps asking when we're going again but I had just gotten a day pass for 4 people so it was only good that day. 
On the way to the women's session. 
Kaitlyn was super excited for her first conference. She's been waiting a long time to turn 8. She hung on the handles and did pullups and was really giddy. 



I've worn this sweater the other two times I've been in the conference center years ago. :) 
I made the whole wheat cinnamon rolls on the left that were about the size of my palm. (And were too sweet for me; I didn't even have one. But my kids wanted them b/c all their friends were getting them for conference:)) When I got home from conference someone had dropped off some store bought cinnamon rolls the size of my whole hand. I can't imagine someone eating that whole thing. I took these to show how much portion sizes have changed. No wonder 75% of men and 60% of women in America are overweight. 
Sunday: Watching conference. Can you find all 10 kids? 
I enjoyed coloring with Tilly or taking her outside and listening on my phone. 
Standing up for the congregational hymn. 
Andy giving Talea kisses. 


After the last session we had soup, homemade bread and then celebrated Spencer's birthday with a pathetic healthier chocolate cake that wasn't moist enough. 


Cousin Morgan came over to celebrate and take Kait and Kenna back to his house to play. He and Samuel are only 2.5 months apart.
Opening presents. He got a pair of jeans and headphones. 
I'm so excited he's 15 but I can't wait until he's 16 because he's always on the go. He'll be getting his permit as soon as we can get to the DMV but I wish it were his license so I didn't have to drive him so many places. :)

No comments: