Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, November 10, 2019

Week ending 11-10-19

We had a fairly normal week. The weather was in the 50's and 60's so we played outside as much as we could. Friday and Saturday Lori, Kylie, and Brady's family came so it was great to spend time with family. Makes me excited for Thanksgiving.
Tuesday: Going to a new tiny park we found with a walking trail nearby. I went for a walk while the kids played wand factory. Talea loved the slide and kept telling me to take her picture. :) 

The kids sat around the playground in their room of the factory, carving wands. I was the inspector who went around praising them for their efficient, careful work. 


It's hard to see everyone, but they each sat in a different part of the factory. 
Wednesday: Tatum, a therapist, started reading to Samuel and everyone flocked to her. She's awesome and I'm so glad all the kids love her. 
After lunch we went to the dentist where everyone got their teeth cleaned. 
At 2:30 we took Alexis to the school for play practice and went to the park where we found our friends were already there. The kids played this game sitting on the different blocks for a long time. 

Thursday: Several times a week Talea's friend Ruth comes over or Talea goes to her house. I've put a lot of pictures of the two of them on here before. They're so cute together. When Ruth's mom texts me, asking if Tilly can play, she runs and gets her coat and shoes on, then climbs over the wall and down the ladder all by herself. I took a picture of her walking confidently across the back yard of Ruth's house looking so grown up for a 2 year old. 
We babysat 3 kids all afternoon and Tilly loved playing with the baby. 
Friday: Raking leaves. 

Visiting the horsies. 
My sister Lori drove into town and the little kids all jumped in her car and were so excited to see her! 
We went to a South American cultural celebration that Spencer was performing in with his friend and had a lot of fun. 
Talea took this picture of some Mexican(?) dancers. 
Talea stayed up till 11:15 with Lori goofing off, doing flips, and being read to. They share the same birthday so Aunt Lori is especially close with Talea. 
Saturday: Playing football games with Lori. 
Talea's view from sitting on my bed. 
While the kids played with Lori I cleaned out the freezer. I've spent all fall picking, chopping and freezing bags and bags of garden produce. I just finished the pumpkins so I think I've got it all gathered in for the winter! The kids have thrown them all into the freezer baskets for the past few months so now that I'm done it was time to organize them. 
All organized! The top shelf is empty for the occasional pizza we buy (make that 4) or a roast or containers of leftovers to have ready for Nathan to take to work. 
The first basket has all peppers, pumpkin, and homemade spaghetti sauce. The middle basket has tomatoes and zucchini. The bottom basket has all fruit: apricots, apples, cherries, peaches, and plums. There is a lot of fruit in our upstairs freezer too for easy access because we eat it a lot. 
The door has beans I cook and freeze. 
Thomas made some air hockey pucks and handles and played with his cousins. 
We had a fun campfire all evening. 

Kaitlyn kept telling me to take pictures and send them to Madalyn who was having a bonfire with her ward. 




It was the best coals fire for our foil dinners and s'mores. 
Alexis reading books to the kids so that I could sneak out for a walk.

No comments: