Week by week

Week by week

Monday, January 11, 2010

First Stitches!

Every morning for P.E./exercise, the kids put on their dancing dresses that spin way out and we dance to music. Last Friday I had jumped in the shower after exercising and the girls got to work on their school work, which was typing up and printing out a winter poem they had written. When I got out of the shower they showed it to me, then went upstairs to hang it in their bedroom. While I was getting ready for the day I heard a lot of thumping and bumping and jumping around. Turns out they were spinning until they got so dizzy they fell down. Next thing I hear is crying from Kylie and she runs downstairs with blood all over her face. While spinning she had fell and hit the windowsill. What resulted was a very deep cut about 1 1/2 inches long. A friend with a newborn very generously watched the other 4 kids so that I could take Kylie to the doctor, where she received 9 stitches. Now Kylie proudly wears the title of the first person to get stitches in our family.







5 comments:

Ella WILLIAMSON said...

KYLIE, PLEASE BE CAREFUL. DO NOT PLAY ON STAIRS OR ANYTHING.The STAIRS COULD BE DANGEROUS TO YOUR HEALTH.

Amanda said...

poor girl!

Sara Lyn said...

I was the first one to get stitches in my family, too! Seems to be an oldest girl thing.

Jenny said...

Ouch- poor girl- at least they blend in with her eyebrow! congrats on being pregnant again Marcie- I hope you're feeling great!

Emily said...

That's too bad!