Week by week

Week by week

Friday, October 8, 2010

Birthdays

Kylie turned 10 back in September and Spencer just turned 7 yesterday. He called it his "special birthday" since it was on October 7. Having got in at midnight the night before, I was really tired and didn't do anything too special for him, but I think he still had a good day. We didn't have a lot of school work to do since it was a short week and he really enjoyed his presents which included a neat bow and arrow, so I guess it turned out all right. This is Kylie's birthday cake she helped me make. I love how she always knows exactly what she wants. I don't even have to ask any questions, I just follow what she says. (Of course it's easy when I love chocolate and oreos so there was nothing to talk her out of. :))
Opening presents. Her big present was a ferris wheel for her little dolls.

Wow! I can't believe she's 10 years old! There's something extra special about your oldest child.



Spencer saw this cake on the internet and wanted to make it. Luckily it was very easy. I enjoyed making it with him while Thomas was only allowed to watch. The girls had to stay out of the kitchen so that it would be a surprise. :)




2 comments:

Net said...

mmmmm... that choc cake is making me drool... !
Happy Birthdays!

Emily said...

What fun cakes! Your kids look so grown up!