Week by week

Week by week

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Rest of April

Here are a few more pictures from when my parents and sisters were here. Plus a few after they left.




 Going to the beach and strawberry patch with them.

 Eating dinner with them. It was so fun to have company to eat with since Nathan is never home for dinner. Plus I loved all the help I got with cooking, kids, and cleanup.

 The day after they left was Kaitlyn's birthday. My parents gave her the ladybug dress she's wearing. I got her dress up clothes and shoes at Once Upon A Child and a Snap 'n Style doll to add to the collection the girls have.

 I couldn't figure out what kind of treat to make Kaitlyn because it seems like she doesn't really like cake, cookies, or brownies. She just picks the sprinkles off or the chocolate chips out of it. We know she LOVES candy so we decided on doing an ice cream bar with lots of candy toppings: chocolate chips, M&Ms, marshmallows, and leftover Easter candy like Whoppers and Eggs. Plus we had strawberries, homemade whipped cream, and nuts. First I made cake mix cookies with a funfetti cake and shaped it over the back of a cupcake pan to make a little cookie bowl. Then we put our ice cream and toppings in and everyone was happy.




One day the kids decided to use the extra crib mattresses we now have (since Spencer, Alexis, and Tom no longer use them) to be horses. They donned years-old Texas Roadhouse hats and "Yee-hawed" all over the house. There was quite a bit of laughter too. It was the favorite game for the month. A couple afternoons they took these horses outside and rode them all over our corner lot. I'm not sure what the neighbors thought.  

 Kaitlyn riding her little pony since the mattresses were hard to mount.
I love that she'll do anything they do.

Playing the violin is no exception. Lately she's been getting Thomas's violin out all day long and saying, "Pay bio-win!"

1 comment:

Sara Lyn said...

That game looks fun! Made me remember some of the games we used to play as kids. I love that all the kids still play together. They're so creative!