Week by week

Week by week

Thursday, November 3, 2016

Week ending 10-30-16

We had a great week. Nathan went to a chronic fatigue conference in Florida and was gone until Halloween night. We had a lot of fun without him and were blessed to have everything go smoothly. The children were obedient and kind to one another and it was a perfect week.
Monday for FHE we went for a walk in a beautiful neighborhood, enjoying the fall weather. 



Tuesday: Anderson does his piano practicing. 

Alexis took this picture of her stubbed pinky toe and consequent bruise invading her foot.

Wednesday I took the 6 younger kids to the park while the older 3 were at their orchestra classes. Makenna learned to ride her two-wheeler!! Alexis and I have been encouraging her to try all summer because we know she can do it; she just doesn't believe it herself and puts her feet down. But finally this day she kept on riding and didn't put her feet down and realized she could do it. 
Me, Anderson, and Samuel playing on our backyard swingset. Taken by Kaitlyn. 
Makenna and Madalyn on the green machine. 
Thursday: Samuel's birthday. His buddy, Spencer, tries cutting his hair for the first time. He did a great job. We did school in the morning, cut hair, then had lunch. 

After lunch we had "cake and ice cream" which was actually candy corn brownies and Mrs. Hyatt's brownies. They both turned out great. 
Candy corn brownies 
Third year in a row of having Mrs. Hyatt's brownies for his birthday cake. 
Spencer lights the candles. 
I love watching my 9 children happily eating birthday treats and chatting around the table. 

Next is presents! Everytime Samuel tore off a tiny scrap of paper he handed it to Spencer saying, "Here you go!" Spencer is 13, Samuel is 3. Best buddies. 
When he opened his tictacs he shouted, "Kenna, I got tictacs!!!" The picture doesn't capture how cute he was yelling this. And I love his little legs and feet on the couch. 
All the kids gathered round, watching. 
Skittles, Tictacs, and a sweater for after church in this cold state. 
Opening his last present, almost as tall as he is. 
A toddler scooter!!



After the birthday celebration we went to Gardner Village, which we've heard so much about, but it wasn't what I thought. Way too crowded, just shops that don't accommodate me with 9 kids, we have no money, and just an all around boring field trip. I felt terrible for wasting a birthday outing on something we didn't like. I wish we'd gone picnicking or hiking or something that is more us. Besides, while taking these pictures I dropped the camera, being in a hurry to accommodate the impatient people behind us waiting to take their picture. Now our $100 camera is broken, so the "free" field trip cost us $100. Ugg.  

Taken on my phone. 



I had to take the rest of the week's pictures on Madalyn's fancy camera. Saturday: carving pumpkins. Alexis took it upon herself to carve pumpkins with Thomas, Kaitlyn, Makenna, and Samuel while Madalyn was at Mary Poppins practice, Spencer was camping, and Kylie and I were doing Saturday odds and ends around the house. 

Sunday: Halloween clothes with my girls. 
Madalyn combed Alexis' hair into a pumpkin. 
Kylie combed Makenna's into a candy corn.

Nathan had taken my laptop on his trip, so that's why I'm just now posting about last week.

No comments: