Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Week ending 2-12-17

Monday: Four kids listening to "Mrs. Piggle Wiggle" on CD while coloring. They listened for a whole hour straight and the rest of the house was quiet. 
Samuel pointing to all the letters of the alphabet while singing. 
Alexis made this activity book for him for Christmas and he loves to do it for school. 
Tuesday: Makenna turns 5! Here she decorates her cake. 
At 4:00 we met my cousin (literally. The first time I met her I was a kid and only vaguelly remember. This was the first real meeting.) and my aunt at Denny's for dinner. They very generously treated us and were so much fun to get to know and talk to. The kids were perfect and loved eating out. The last time we went out as a family was 4 years ago after finding out Samuel was a boy. This time was to celebrate finding out the baby is a girl. 
Afterward we went home for cake and ice cream. Here is Makenna's finished masterpiece. Her nickname is "Muffin" and there weren't 2 "N's" for Makenna. 
Our sweet little breech baby. We're so glad she's in our family. 

Hanging out and eating cake. Kaitlyn photobombing with her doll. 
Makenna got a little dress for her doll. 
My mom got her a tricycle from Kid to Kid and we wrapped it in a blanket. I guess I didn't get a picture after it was opened. She loves it and it was actually warm enough for a few days to ride it. 
Wednesday: Anderson LOVES to vacuum, although he generally gets it stuck in a corner. 

Anderson kept climbing onto Lexi's lap while she was at her desk doing school, so I told her to bring her over to our preschool class. He clung to her and screamed and it was like a mom dropping off her kid for preschool. It was so funny. 

Last Sunday Spencer was carrying Anderson on his shoulders in the basement playroom when Andy reached up and touched the lightbulb. There aren't covers on the lights and they are small tube 'N' shaped lightbulbs so he burned the underside of his middle finger and the top of his ring finger. There were big blisters that popped and then are taking a long time to heal as he plays in the sandbox and won't keep a bandage on. But it doesn't seem to bother him too much. This picture was taken Thursday.


Friday morning after breakfast Nathan and I were talking and then I said, "I'm going to go brush my teeth" and headed upstairs. Nathan said, "I am too." I walked into our bathroom and said, "Someone beat you to it." Anderson had the toothpaste in one hand and was sucking on Nathan's toothbrush with the other. The timing of it was so funny. I don't know what Samuel was up to.
Anderson playing in the rain with a parasol. 
Friday night I went through our boy shoes up to Andy's size. There's a shoe drive for children in Burkina Faso and I'm happy to donate these to it, but wanted to take a picture to remember all the cute little boy shoes and memories we had. Some of these have logged a lot of miles. Saturday I went through the baby boy clothes. I can't believe we won't have any more baby boys. 

1 comment:

Lori Hofmann said...

At least Samuels little blue clogs are not among them! Those have special memories for me.