Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, January 7, 2018

Week ending 1-7-18

Sunday: Talea hanging out, being cute with her toys. I'm annoyed that I didn't wipe her face first, but I guess I was just overcome with her cuteness. :) 



Having a little New Year's Eve party. We just had snacks around 6pm and tried to get in the spirit even though it was Sunday and Grandma and Peepaw had just left so we were feeling a little blah. A few of us banged pots and pans while tucking Kait and Kenna in at 8:30, but that's all we ended up doing. At least we had a big family party the next day.
Looks like someone was being silly with the camera. 

Monday: All of Nathan's siblings (except the one serving in West Jordan) and parents were here for a wonderful Southern New Year's Day party with hoppin john and collards. It was super laid back and relaxing for me and I thoroughly enjoyed the whole day. 


All of the grandkids plus the one due in February. 
During FHE Samuel and Anderson and Cousin Joseph pushed strollers around and were so cute talking and playing together. 

We had a great FHE with Nathan's parents and sister and her husband. I love having family to enhance the spirit in our home. 
Playing with their strollers. 
Tuesday: Grandma, Peepaw, Madalyn, and Alexis left on the long drive to Florida. Our excitement was playing in the tubs Grandma had left of dolls and dressup from her own kids. :)

These are the pictures they sent me from their stop at Arches. 


Tuesday night: Talea sittin cute again. I guess I took a lot of sitting pictures this week. 
"Yay! I found a candy cane!" 
"What do you do with it?" 
"Hmm. I'm not sure about this."
"Nope. Don't want it." 
"I'll give it another try." 
"Yummy!" 



Friday: They made it to Florida! Four long days of driving. They spent Friday afternoon visiting Great Grandma Vorwaller in Jacksonville. 
Nathan's mom and grandma with Alexis and Madalyn.
Friday night: Talea loved sitting on the rough couch and feeling the texture of it. She cooed and cooed. The video I took is probably too long to post, but it was adorable. She's at such a fun age. 








Saturday: Kaitlyn took this to show Alexis, who is in Florida. I was trying to use up junk food I didn't want in my pantry anymore--animal crackers with peanut butter and whip cream (from Thanksgiving) and Annie's chocolate cereal. The little kids thought it was more like a tea party.


Madalyn and Alexis are in Florida, Spencer and Kylie are in Spanish Fork so I just had the 6 little kids this weekend. After a big lunch and treats to start the fast, these 5 kids took a two hour bath while it snowed outside. I took Talea for a walk in the gorgeous snow and took some time to think and pray. I felt so grateful for a sweet, cooing little daughter dressed in white with pink cheeks and sparkling blue eyes. And for the beautiful world we live in. There's something magical about the stillness of freshly falling snow. 

I should have taken pictures on our walk because she was beautiful and it was a memory I hope I never forget. 
I caught Andy trying to get M&M's out of the trail mix. 

No comments: