Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, August 4, 2019

Week ending 8-4-19

Monday: We went to work in Brother Tarbet's garden. Coming into his backyard we were amazed at how tall everything was. It's hard to tell, but all the big flowers are taller than I am. This is a picture of how it looked June 17:

June 17 
July 29 I wish I had taken better pictures but everything is so tall! 
Alexis is in there somewhere picking tomatoes. 
The kids playing with the chickens 
A huge jungle of tomatoes. I've never seen them grow this tall and wide before. Brother Tarbet has some secret water he waters his plants with when he firsts plants them and it worked! Alexis is showing me just one of her tomato plants. It's hard to tell since you can't see her moving it, but when I took the picture she was shaking her plant and it was huge! 
Playing "Bag of Knits" with Grandma. Nathan's mom stayed with us from Saturday to Wednesday and it was great to have her here. She helped me so much as I'm always overwhelmed with all there is to do caring for such a large family. 
Mom riding on son. 

Tilly on Makenna 
Wednesday: Grandma and the 5 oldest went to visit cousins in Springville for a few days so I just had the 5 little ones. We watched a quintuplet episode and ate it with sprouted wheat quesadillas and some fruits and veggies. 

Thursday: The girls playing ballet class to pass the afternoon until time for another quintuplet party. Meanwhile I got a lot of lesson plans done and the little boys played outside.



Making healthy no bakes for another quintuplet party. 
Samuel took these pictures. :) Kenna and Tilly are making popcorn. 
And we also had a yummy fruit & veggie smoothie.
Friday: First I took the kids to the school breakfast, then the library, then we picked apricots. We parked our van under the tree and climbed on it to pick delicious apricots. 

There were so many super good apricots way up in the tree. 
Afterward we went to the spray ground with friends. All winter we say we'll go and then when summer gets here we somehow only go once! I don't know how it passes so quickly. At least we got it in right before starting school. 


Then we went to our last school lunch. They all sat and ate really well while I went and turned in paperwork in the office for Spencer and Alexis to take a few classes here. Then we finally went home for naptime, reading, playtime and one last quint movie before the oldest 5 came home for dinner.
All the apricots from Friday's picking. We picked this many Monday too and already turned it into jam. After canning these on Saturday night plus some strawberries and blueberries we ended up with 36 jars/containers of jam. 
Saturday: a storm came through so of course we had to run out and play in it. I love seeing even my teenagers throw down their books or phones or piano playing and run outside to enjoy it.
 

I ran to the temple between dinner and bedtime. I go quite frequently and don't take pictures, but it was extra pretty tonight. This was the view from my parking spot.  




No comments: