Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, August 16, 2020

Week ending 8-16-20

Last Sunday: Lori playing doctor with the kids.
Monday: For Thomas's birthday we went swimming in our friend's new pool then came home for dinner, cake, and presents. 


Andy made Thomas a paper flash pad. We gave him a wood burning kit and a camp chair. 
My mom got him a nice pair of shoes to replace his beaten ones.

The wood burning tool can engrave and solder and other cool functions. 
Tuesday: Alexis went kayaking with the YW.  
Wednesday: Coloring on the deck with a kid I was babysitting who brought some cool coloring pictures and gel pens. I was doing yard work so it was nice to come into the back yard and find them anxiously engaged in a good cause.
Kaitlyn going to get her braces off! 
Yay! Looks so nice! They've been on for a year and a couple of months. 
After the orthodontist 5 kids and Lori drove up to Wyoming to visit my brother. I stayed home with Spencer and the 3 little kids for the weekend. First thing we did was cut keys out of cardboard. The little boys are constantly making stuff out of paper or cardboard. This week they made a lot of keys, a razor (to be like Spencer), a piano, several cameras (like Madalyn's) and a few other things. 


Friday: Tilly and Ruth carried their camp chairs all around the house and were so cute talking to each other about where to put them. 
With 5 kids in Wyoming, 3 kids spending the night with Nathan, and Spencer at a friend's for a few hours, I had the evening to myself. I worked hard on stuff until 8:15 then went for a walk then had my own movie party. I watched a Fixer Upper episode about a family buying a farmhouse which is my dream, so that was really fun! 
Saturday night: I went to my friend's 40th birthday party. Crazy that I think this is the only event I've been to since quarantine. No wonder I enjoyed it so much. 


Today: I took the 3 little kids on a morning walk on the condo paths. They played for a minute and then we mostly sat in the shade and talked and wiggled Sam's loose tooth. 





Andy had some sort of allergy cause he kept sneezing when I was taking pictures.  His faces are so funny. Something really bothered him there because he was fine when we got home.

 


Wiggling his tooth in the tree. 


Cool trick!
The boys were so cute walking alongside me. 
Going for walks in a beautiful setting is very therapeutic for me. I yearn to have our own walking paths in the woods some day but for now this will have to do.

No comments: