Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, August 22, 2021

Week ending 8-22-21 Girls leave for Utah, Storm Fred, yard projects

 

Last Sunday: Having the Smiths over for dinner. They're our neighbors who own the cows and tell wonderful old timey stories.
Their last two kids at home are Colton and Kaylee
Madalyn and Alexis gave the Smiths a great little concert.
I love Tilly's hair.
Her little curl by her ear.
We got some good thunderstorms Sunday ahead of tropical storm Fred.
Monday: Someone's yummy oatmeal.
More outer bands as Fred comes closer.
Playing in the rain.

After raining a lot of Sunday and all day Monday and Tuesday, there was just one bad front of storms left.
We had the orange part for the next hour with constant thunder, lightning and tornado warnings. We didn't know if we should get the kids up and go to the cellar or try to go to bed. It got pretty scary and I kept imagining a tornado coming through my bedroom but probably because I was tired and my windows were open so I was more scared than usual. We live in a holler and are probably safe from tornadoes.
1:15 am and checking to see if it was over so I could go to sleep.
Wednesday: We got 4.25" of rain and it had come up into this shed.
Dropping off the 3 older girls at the airport to fly to Utah. Kylie is going back to BYU, Madalyn is working on mission papers but living there to hang out with Kylie and Spencer, and Alexis went to help Kylie go through her stuff we left there and move in. She won't be back until August 31 and we'll sure be lonely while she's gone. 
It was the best having Kylie and Madalyn here. I wish they could live here all the time. They're so helpful with the little kids, fun to be around, and keep me company. 



As soon as I got home at 5 I fed the kids leftovers and went outside to find something to do to keep me from being too sad. I found this azalea between two trees and moved it.
Thursday: Doing ballet with Talea cause she was bored.

Having taco salad and watching a Farmhouse Facelift for a little movie party for something fun to do.
Friday: The before pictures. We cut blackberry canes and planted them here. Hopefully next year we'll have a lot more because deer ate too many of them this year.

We planted several along these posts and 5 more down by the kiwis. Hopefully some work!
Talea with her little curl in the middle of her forehead.
Sam and Andy watching garbage truck movies. They're sad we don't have a cool garbage truck here.
Makenna and I moved the wood frames so that they align with each other. Hard to tell, but they look so much better.
Our rain gauge showing the 4.25"

Saturday: I cut azalea branches from another big plant and planted them here. Who knows if it'll work but I hope so!


We finally finished our sign after waiting for weeks for the letters to arrive and got it placed at the end of our driveway.


Eating at a cookout in Winston.
Taking a part a trampoline we bought for $50 and stopped here to get while we were in W-S.

No comments: