Week by week

Week by week

Monday, June 27, 2022

Week ending 6-26-22 Girls at camp, us at home

 This was a pretty laid-back week except that our water heater is leaking and animals were getting into our garden and trash and bugs were eating our fruit trees. I miss the older kids being here to help problem solve. Alexis went to camp on Tuesday and Kaitlyn on Wednesday. They went to a place on the NC/TN border and really enjoyed white water rafting, hiking, cliff jumping, etc. When I wasn't thinking about missing them or the problems we were having, I enjoyed the nice weather, getting lots of lesson plans done for next year, and just hanging out with the kids at home.

Monday: When I told Talea to put the clothes on the couch to fold she got them out of the dryer and plopped them on Thomas. She and Andy thought it was hilarious. 

Tuesday: After dropping Alexis off at a church in Pilot Mountain for her ride to girls' camp at 7am, I decided to hike for a few hours. I did 4 trails: Mountain-4.3 miles then Grindstone-2 miles to Knob trail-1 mile, then Ledge Spring trail-1 mile then back to Grindstone for the 2 miles back to the parking lot. I got turned around a couple of times and backtracked and also went out of my way once to get service so in all my app said I went 10.75 miles. Yay! All by noon. I was hoping to be sore the next day but I wasn't. I had a great time all by myself and can't wait to take some kids next time.
The freeway going towards Winston-Salem.
A group of rockclimbers I passed.
Wednesday: Dropping Kaitlyn off at the church for her very first girls' camp. She was really excited and it was a lot easier for me, being kid #6 than it was when I dropped Kylie off.

I took the 4 little kids to the park and bookmobile. These 2 begged to go to the park and then when we got there they played in the car. Go figure. I guess they were playing some traveling game. They did ride bikes for awhile and play on the playground.

The bookmobile driver, Gayle, always has fun games for the kids. Here Talea does a shark game.
Makenna

Madalyn needed me to get something out of her room and I noticed her wall full of pictures Talea had drawn her when she was here.

Doing an excavation type activity that Gayle gave them.
Friday: Tilly looking cute after a swimsuit bath.
Most of our trees don't have apples on them but this one does. Yay! I hope the deer don't get them.
Our kitchen table was being used for puzzles, art projects and my lesson plans/books so we ate lunch outside. We had great weather this week. 
I enjoyed watching Sam and Andy cut this cardboard painted picture into a puzzle. It was Andy's idea and he recruited Samuel to help him cut it.
Kaitlyn (left) at camp. A leader sent these to me.
About to jump off the lower part of the rock.

Picking up the girls at church. 
I don't mean Alexis picking up the little girls, I mean us picking up Alexis and Kaitlyn when camp was over.
Kaitlyn.
I wish I had a picture of Alexis and Kaitlyn together because in both of these pictures they look so similar with their green shirts and braids.
Our first pumpkin. Makenna is my top garden helper so I let her be first to write her name in it.
Our second pumpkin. I think this one will be mine. :)
What we gathered today: Our first zuchini (besides the one the raccoon ate), potato, plums, and blueberries. We also picked the first blackberries but ate them. We're having a lot of trouble with animals so I hope this isn't all we get but we get a bounteous harvest this summer.

No comments: