Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Week ending 10-16-16

We had a great week. Fall is here and I'm trying to cram in all the fall activities I want to do. It came before I was ready and I'm afraid it'll end all too soon. We love fall.
Monday: In the middle of school Anderson walked through the school room pushing this doll stroller. Alexis put him in it and pushed him around a bit but those pictures were blurry. I fixed the settings and had her try to put him in again but he was done with the stroller riding. He's a big kid so I'm surprised he didn't break it. Good friends gave it to us as a hand-me-down 12 years ago. 

After school the upstairs was quiet so I went to check on Kait, Kenna, and Sam's room. Kaitlyn and Makenna had let Samuel wear their dress up and got him situated in a nest with books so that they could be in the windowseat undisturbed. 

Makenna and Kaitlyn playing in the windowseat. 

They informed me this was the girls' couch for FHE. 
I'm guessing Nathan took this picture looking down on Andy-Man. 
Tuesday: Kaitlyn and Makenna making wands for their dolls. 
Wednesday: Anderson with his two favorite toys: the plunger and a pop-up toy. Too bad it's blurry. 
One hand on the plunger, one hand on the toy. 
The 5 or 6 younger kids went on a fall walk and collected leaves then did the traditional leaf rubbings. 

Thursday: Anderson looked so cute sitting by Alexis reading a book but crawled towards me as soon as he saw me. 
My 9 kids happily eating dinner. I love cooking for them and serving them. Nathan usually comes home around 7. 
When he gets home Anderson begs to be held by him and won't be put down all night. 

Friday I took the 6 youngest kids to a park on a ridge, full of gorgeous trees. 
First we had fun running down this trail.


And taking pictures in front of these pumpkin orange trees. 




Anderson about to fall backward. 
Then they climbed back up this dirt trail.

Waiting at the top for Samuel and Alexis to climb up. 



Anderson trying these berries and spitting them out. 


I couldn't get over the views as I walked around this park. Autumn is beautiful here. 

All different shades in just one plant or tree. 

On the playground the kids played hurricane. 
We're super upset that we missed the one that hit NC, so on this windy day they packed 72 hour kits and ran around in the wind and rain. 
Here they show me how high the water is in their home. They eventually climbed on the roof of their house, eating their 72 hour kits (granola bars, beef jerky, fruit cups) 
Then they tied themselves together and swam for my life boat when I rescued them. 
It was a really fun park outing. 

No comments: