Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Week ending 6-25-17

We had a pretty easy-going week. Kylie and Madalyn were in Provo where Kylie hung out with Aunt Sara and Madalyn attended a young musicians camp at BYU (like EFY for flutes) and hung out at Sara's at night. Meanwhile at home we rode bikes to the park at 8am and then the school breakfast at 8:30. We went back again for the lunches. The rest of the day I ran errands; organized my bedroom, bathroom, and closet; read and played with the kids; and generally got things done to feel ready for the baby. It was a productive week. I love not having to do breakfast and lunch as it saves me lots of time in the kitchen. It's so nice to only have dinner to cook and clean up after since my biggest helpers were gone.
Wednesday night I got an amazing baby shower thrown for me. This ward is incredibly generous and friendly and kind. I love it. The shower was at a friend's house with 9 kids. They custom built it with enough barstools to seat their family and a huge family room. I told my friend I liked Mexican and brownies, so that's exactly what she did. She had it Cafe Rio catered (I've never eaten there before but have heard a lot about it) and huge platters of brownies. It was delicious and I went home so stuffed! 
Alexis walked over a little later and took these pictures. 




I wish I had gotten more pictures of the guests to remember who all came. 
This is what I brought home from the shower. 95% of the clothes came from my host, who threw a bag of Carter's (my favorite brand) clearance items into my van. The rest are the actual shower gifts. I went home so overwhelmed with all the love and generosity I felt. I can't believe how much this ward has done for us. Actually, every ward we've lived in has been way too good to us. I don't know what we'd do without our church friends.

Anderson photo bombing. 
Thursday: The 4 little kids in the tub. 

I went for a walk and saw this flowering yucca with a tiny bird in it. The bird just stared at me. It was the smallest, cutest bird I've ever seen and looked picturesque just sitting amongst the flowers. I held Andy up to see and then we continued on our walk. On our way back it was still there so I went home and got my camera. I couldn't get it to focus well (cheapo camera) and the pictures don't do the bird justice, but here they are. 


And that was our week. This coming week The 4 oldest are going on Trek. It will be Alexis' first youth activity as she doesn't turn 12 for 2 weeks but they're inviting anyone turning 12 this year. None of them want to go since the baby is due this week, but the leaders are begging them to, saying how wonderful trek is, so they borrowed a bunch of clothes and are packed and ready. They leave tomorrow morning and come back Wednesday at 3pm. We are all praying that the baby stays in until that time, as the girls want to see the baby be born as it's our last one and they've never gotten to before. So hopefully the baby will be born Wednesday afternoon and they'll have a few days to spend with her before going to California on Saturday. 
Hopefully next week I'll have lots of pictures to post!

1 comment:

Thomas Holladay said...

I can't wait for the new baby!