Week by week

Week by week

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Cliffs of the Neuse State Park

One of the benefits I love about homeschooling is that when we want to take a field trip, we can pick the day with the best weather. We've had a cold fall, so when I saw the forecast for a beautiful 78 degree day, I jumped at the chance for a fall outing. This was the first week in November while Nathan was in Philadelphia for a nephrology conference, so it was perfect. I really wanted to see the fall foilage and decided on one of North Carolina's beautiful state parks about an hour away. We were about the only ones there (it was a weekday) and enjoyed the museum as well as several gorgeous hikes and a picnic lunch. I love being out in nature and away from life. It was so peaceful and relaxing.


They're listening to how the Neuse River came to be.

No comments: