Week by week

Week by week

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Songs and Poems

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
Here it is 4:45 pm and we're smelling the delicious smells of a turkey roasting in the oven. We plan to eat around 6. Nathan is working nights, so he's sleeping right now. We're letting him get about 6 hours of sleep before we wake him up to eat and then he'll leave for work at 7:30pm. It's been a relaxing day. We've sang songs, recited poems, decorated cookies, made a lot of food, and just hung out. During naptime I got to lay on the couch and read the December Ensign, which was the most relaxing part of my day. I also took Thomas for a walk and played with the kids outside. Although, we miss sharing the holiday with family, I've been grateful for time to think about my wondrous blessings.
Here are the videos of the songs and poems.






All of the kids and myself memorized a Thanksgiving poem, but Spencer and Kylie weren't ready to recite theirs.

3 comments:

Sara Lyn said...

Wow! I love to listen to your kids recite poems and sing songs. I especially loved the one about the Thanksgiving Ghost. :)

Bill Gates II said...

I don't get to look at blogs very often and so I am very behind. Congrats on the new baby girl. That is very exciting. I hope you guys had a very nice Thanksgiving. Your kids are getting so big. I can't believe it.

schrammfam said...

Marcie, your family is so darn happy!! I just could look at pictures of them all day. I cant believe how big they are. They look so much like you and your sisters when we were all little. What a wonderful family!