Week by week

Week by week

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Alexis Turns Four!

Looking at the calendar and counting how many days are left.
July 7

Alexis with a package my parents sent her.
July 8

Luckily Alexis was fully recovered by her birthday because, as she informed me, "Nobody is ever sick on their birthday." Thomas was still sick and the others were at the very cranky stage of the illness and whined all day (instead of sleeping.) Although it drove me nuts, Alexis didn't seem to notice. She was still just as jumpy and cute as she could be.

Her birthday lunch after church--grilled cheese sandwiches and Pringles.
July 12

I love how she knows her mind when it comes to what she wants on her cake: "Purple frosting with pink letters that say Happy Birthday to me." Everything about her birth was absolutely perfect (and the only one out of 6 that the doctor made it for) and as I look back on that wonderful day, I can't believe she's already four. What a delight she is in our family. We love our smiley, cheerful girl.

4 comments:

Kara said...

I'd say that a "princess cake" (which is what she told me it was) with no eggs is just the ticket to a perfect birthday! :) We love that little cutie pie!

cheryl said...

That's my kind of birthday cake! Happy Birthday. She is a doll and such a sweetheart.

Sara Lyn said...

Some of my most memorable birthdays are when I was very sick. :) I can't believe she's four already! I remember meeting her when she was just over a month old and y'all came down to our reception here in FL. She was so sweet to hold! Thanks again for coming then!

Jen H said...

So cute. They sure do grow up fast!!