Week by week

Week by week

Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Bunch of Sickies







Yes, their toddler bed mattresses are on the floor. Why, I'm not sure. I think Kylie took this picture one of the few times she got off the couch.


For the past 2 weeks the children have been sick. Alexis was the first to come down with it on Saturday, June 27th. Then the boys got it on Friday the 3rd. Kylie and Madalyn both got it on Sunday the 5th. I think they had influenza because everyone got it except me and I was the only one who got a flu shot last winter (because I was pregnant.) They had a high fever for 7 days straight, then it gradually got lower and they had bad coughs and runny noses. They also complained of some nausea but only 2 threw up.
The first week was the worst because only Alexis had it and I kept wondering why the fever was so high and lasting so long. Everyone was cranky that we couldn't go anywhere or do anything or even have friends over. The second week when everyone else had it (and Alexis was still recovering and sleeping quite a bit) was wonderful! Everyone slept a lot and ate very little. In between giving them Tylenol and juice I scrapbooked. I'm so happy with how much I've gotten done. I did about 100 pages this summer--from June 2 to July 13--and am almost caught up. Now I've put it away because I have to work on homeschool curriculum since we're starting soon. I digress.
Back to the sickies, it was fun seeing them sleeping all day and everyone looked so cute. Especially Thomas. I molly-coddled him and pretended he was a newborn because he slept whenever and wherever. He rarely walked, but would fall asleep wherever I set him or after a few steps of trying to get up and follow me.








I loved coming in and out of my room and seeing him sleeping on my bed. It reminded me of when our newborns sleep on our bed during the day and made me miss Julianne so much. I was grateful Thomas let me hold him and cuddle him and would sleep in my arms or on my chest. He's such a sweet boy.

2 comments:

cheryl said...

I'm sorry they were all so sick but glad they were able to sleep alot. All the pictures are adorable!

Sally said...

Whoah! That is quite the sickness--and I have to say I laughed (impressed, really) that you got to enjoy yourself so much while all your kids were sick! :D I'm glad everyone is well again. And I'll be taking a lesson from you on being productive rather than stressing over something i can't change ;)