Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Spencer's Talent Show

One day last week Spencer wanted to perform for me and wanted me to put him on the blog. He sang several songs and played several on the piano, but I'll just post one of each. He's very enthusiastic about music, you can tell by listening to him belt out the songs in primary. :) He loves playing the piano too and is found sitting at it the majority of the day. He's learning to read music, but he mostly plays by ear. He can play any song out of the Children's Songbook and hymn book, several with both hands. He also loves the songs that are stored on our digital piano. He loves to turn the right hand off and play it with the piano accompanying the left hand. Here is the one he learned this week.



(Oops, these got put on in the wrong order, but I can't fix it and I'm not going to reload them, so oh well.)
Spencer also has a prophet fetish right now. He's learned to sing many of the prophet songs out of the two hymn books including the sixth Article of Faith (which has the word Prophets in it) and almost all the verses to "Follow the Prophet." His favorites are this apostles song he learned when President Monson first became prophet (I'll send you the video clip if you want) and "Latter-Day Prophets." He also loves to play the prophet and apostle match games on friend.org or the card game he has.

2 comments:

Kara said...

I don't think I've ever told you this, but I think Spencer is quite possibly the most handsome boy I've ever seen. He's so cute and I love it when he says, "Sister Thayn..." because I know he's going to tell me something interesting! :) He's an excellent singer and going to come in quite handy when he we sing "Follow the Prophet" in a couple weeks for my Sharing Time. :)

Sally said...

That's so cute!! He really looks like his daddy, doesn't he? That's wonderful that he's so into the prophets! Tell all the fam hi from us in TX!