Week by week

Week by week

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Mean Irene

Last Saturday we experienced our first hurricane. The kids were really excited. At first I was a little nervous because Nathan had to spend the night at the hospital Friday night and work all day Saturday until 10pm, wouldn't be around to protect us or help if the house blew away. But then I realized it was only a category 1 and we should be fine. We played in it some, watched out the window a lot, made cookies, and I scrapbooked the most I've ever done in one day.


Spencer pretending to be blown away.




We have great big ditches in front of our house and some on the side.

This part of our ditch has never filled with water before. The kids were really excited to watch them fill up and then touch the mailbox, only to recede quickly.


Dancing in the hurricane.

I took a great video of the kids running around and doing cartwheels and screaming, "Hurricane Irene!!" but they were in their swimsuits and it was kinda long, so I decided not to upload it. Instead here is another one I took.



1 comment:

cheryl said...

I've been thinking of all of you and hope you are well. Glad you are safe. What a storm.