Week by week

Week by week

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Baby's Birthday

With less than two weeks till the due date, we are all guessing when the baby's birthday will be. Everyone's first choice is today, January 31, because we don't have any January birthdays and we already have Madalyn's in February. So far all of us have our birthday in our own month. The kids thought if we have 10 kids plus 2 parents we could have a birthday in every single month. Nice plan, but it doesn't appear that this baby wants to come early. I'm feeling great today. So we all picked a day around the due date, February 10, that we're guessing. Most of us like even numbers and Madalyn's is the 4th, so we didn't pick that.
February 6- Alexis
February 8- Mommy
February 9-Kylie
February 10- Daddy
February 11-Spencer
February 12- Madalyn
February 16-Thomas

Some things we've been thinking of:
The girls and I were also trying to avoid picking numbers that we already have birthdays on (in different months.) We have a 3,4,7,10,12,13,16,17, and 30. What do you have in your family?

Groundhog's Day would be fun. I was hoping Madalyn would be born on 2-2-02, but she waited two more days. (She was 7 days past her due date of January 28.) Now I could have this baby on 2-2-12.

All of my babies except one were born at the beginning of the week:
Sunday-Kylie
Monday-Madalyn
Tuesday-Spencer, Alexis, Julianne, Kaitlyn
Friday-Thomas
So odds are this one will come at the beginning of the week too. My first choice would be the beginning of the week after my due date so that I will have done 2 out of my 3 sharing times in primary. That would be ideal. But that means she would be born on the 13th or 14th. Nobody wants her to be born on Valentine's Day. Since most of my babies are late and most are born on a Tuesday, that's probably what's going to happen! We'll see!!
Now you see how limited our choices are: most prefer an even number, beginning of the week, not a number we already have in our family, not Valentine's Day. What do you predict? We can't wait to find out. That's the best part about the last 2 weeks: the anticipation! My doctor is begging me to induce but I say no way! I've waited 9 months to know which day God is going to send a new little spirit into our home. I absolutely LOVE the last 2 weeks. Every day I wonder, "Is it going to be today?" or "What if I went into labor right now?" I would hate for that fun to be ruined by a planned birth. Besides, each of my children have come into the world with a wonderful story that I know the Lord had planned. From my water breaking at a neighbor's apartment as he told us the story of his wife's labor to paging Nathan while he was on night float and him getting to announce to his team he was leaving because his wife was in precipitous labor, all of the stories are unique and special. I wouldn't trade them for anything. I can't wait to find out this little one's!

5 comments:

Emily S. said...

Wow, that's so exciting. I didn't realize we were so close in our pregnancies. I'm due late Feb.... and also hoping for her to come on time so I can do all my sharing times this month!

All the best! So thrilled for you!

Kira said...

I hated the last two weeks of my last two babies. With John four weeks early, my brain already said I was over due any later than that. I really struggle with the anxiety.

Brooke said...

That's so funny...I was just thinking of the "dates" of all of our birthdays. We have a 1, 5, 5, 11, 15, 17, and 20. So all odds but one. Coen was 06/17/06 and I thought it would be cool if he was 06/06/06. So close. He was 13 days late! Then Claire was 08/01/08. If she could have held on a few more days them she would have been 08/08/08. Close again. At least they got matching months and years. Ha! They were all born on Friday except Coen who was Saturday.

I'm going to guess the 15th for your baby. So exciting! I agree...waiting for "labor day" is the most exciting. Then you know they are coming exactly when they are supposed to. :). Can't wait to hear all about it! Enjoy your last couple of weeks!

Sara Lyn said...

If you don't have the baby 2-2, you should have her on 2-13! That's a great day! So far, Morgan and I are 9 and 19, but 13 is our favorite/lucky number.

Charlotte said...

I'm a big fan of Groundhog's Day because that is when my husband was born!