Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, January 1, 2012

December Happenins

In December I take all the kids on Mommy Dates. Usually it's a one-on-one time where they pick out a present for a sibling whose name they drew. I also take them to a restaurant of their choice. I love and cherish these dates and look forward to them. We also do them in the spring where they pick out a summer outfit at Once Upon A Child.
Spencer picked Chick-Fil-A and wanted Thomas and Kaitlyn to come with him so that he would have someone to play with on the playground. The boys had drawn Kylie's and Alexis' names and bought them the same things: My Little Ponies, so it worked it out.
Madalyn picked Ruby Tuesdays where we got a small lunch and a chocolate cake to share.
Alexis had gone first (sorry these are out of order) and had picked Panera Bread. She got a giant cinnamon roll and talked the entire time, taking most of it home for later.
Kylie baby--sat while I took the kids on their dates. The next morning while Nathan was still home I took Kylie and she chose Panera Bread also but I forgot to take a picture.
Madalyn took these and a bunch more of Kaitlyn eating fudge and showing us (as well as smearing it on the fridge.)
Doing the Nativity on Christmas Eve
The presents Santa left as seen before the kids saw them. From left to right it was Spencer, Thomas, Nathan & Marcie (sharing the corner couch), Alexis, Madalyn & her buddy in my tummy who she wanted to put out a stocking for and who got a dress and paci, Kylie and Kaitlyn on the long couch.
The kids lined up ready to go down to see what Santa brought on Christmas morning.
The family after church on Christmas
Kylie, Alexis, and Madalyn
This week we went to Washington DC to visit some friends from BYU with 8 children. The first night we saw the temple and the program they had there.
The second day we went to the air and space museum, Nathan's favorite.
Waiting in line to go into an airplane.
Nathan playing a game with 8 of the 14 children that were all in an 1100 sq. foot house plus basement.
Four little girls playing a game together.
The third day we rode the metro. Thomas didn't believe us that the train was underground but once he saw this huge escalator he believed us. It was a great ride.
Madalyn and Thomas
Kaitlyn and Kylie
Alexis and Spencer

5 comments:

Sara Lyn said...

Fun pictures! Looks like December was fun.

Chelsea said...

Your kids are growing up so fast! I cant believe it! Im not too up on cameras but i really like this one...for just a point and shoot its pretty good! you can get it cheaper other places so just research it!! http://www.adorama.com/ICAG12.html?utm_term=Other&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=Other&utm_source=rflaid63662
Hope all is well and that you are feeling good!!

Chelsea said...

Canon PowerShot G12 Compact Digital Camera with 720p HD Video

not sure if that was the right link...sorry! here it is though!!

Bill Gates II said...

Marcie you always make everything look so easy. I really admire you:) I wish I had your patience. As for your question about our camera, we got a Cannon EOS
Rebel T3. We found a really great deal on Amazon. My father in law is a camera know it all and he likes NOKIA. They were a bit more expensive though. My friend who is a photographer in Australia only uses Cannon so I figured it would be okay for us. Good luck. I had no idea what to buy so I read a lot on the reviews and comments. The one I got had a lot of good reviews for someone just learning. It is really easy to use!

Julie said...

Hey Marcie! I've tagged you.

If you want to participate:
http://weighward.blogspot.com/2012/01/friday-favorites-being-tagged-is-fun.html