Week by week

Week by week

Friday, December 23, 2016

Week ending 12-18-16

I thought there weren't enough pictures for a post this week, but I did find quite a few. We've been having a great December sitting around reading a lot, watching Christmas movies, and sewing. I've been feeling too sick to do much else, so I sit on the couch a lot, especially in the evenings, sewing on the new baby's stocking. It's a lot of fun. I love to be there as the kids come in and out, telling me about things, asking to be read to, showing me their dolls or cardboard creations, etc. I feel like I've had a lot more time with the kids than if I weren't pregnant right now. I have more time to sit and watch them when they don't know it and really get to know their sweet personalities.
Anyway, here's some pictures from our week:
Tuesday: The little kids (Alexis on down) made little couches on the floor to sit and read on all day. 

The youth went to Temple Square. It's the first time Kylie, Madalyn, and Spencer have seen the lights. This is the only picture they took. I need to take the rest of the kids sometime, but I never thought of it. I guess we're just enjoying staying cozy indoors! We're not much for the cold. We're really missing NC right now. 
Wednesday: Kylie had her orchestra concert. You can't see her, but you can barely see her hair behind the first boy in front. She was sitting in the second seat. 
The curtain closed right when I was taking a picture of Kylie. They had beautiful dresses for their costumes. 
Thursday: Madalyn had her band concert. 

Friday: These 4 kids have been doing a fitness activity where they do pushups and situps every night. 
Laughing at them doing situps?? I'm not sure what he was doing, but he's cute. 
Saturday: Our friends brought us a Christmas bingo and these 3 kids immediately sat down to play it. 
Nathan stayed home from work on a Saturday for the first time in ages. He even went in the Saturday after Thanksgiving. This Saturday he was feeling pretty rotten with a bad cold. Anderson reaped the benefits by being able to sit on his lap all day. He's a total Daddy's boy. 
Spencer finding sheets of ice/snow on the tramp and flinging them like frisbees. 

This picture was taken to show Thomas the dinosaur horn he's been sporting and doesn't believe he has. :) 

1 comment:

Thomas Holladay said...

i new i had a "dinosaur" horn