Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Week ending 5-21-17

Monday: Kylie took out Kaitlyn's braids from Sunday and did 3 waterfall braids in her hair for a family party. 

Kaitlyn spent the whole family party (at a cousin's house in Springville) wiggling her tooth but never could pull it out. This picture was taken when we got home and she was still wiggling it. 
Tuesday morning (my birthday) we spent more time wiggling it and she finally let me pull it out. 
The other tooth immediately moved over and looks like it's hanging even though it's not. Won't be long, though. 
I wanted to take all the kids on a field trip but the older kids had French and seminary at school. My next option was to take the little kids to the park for my birthday, but the older kids had the car at school. So our third option was to make "Lunchables" and have our own picnic in the living room watching my favorite old Duggar episode from 7 years ago. Here Alexis shows her Lunchable of cheese, meat, crackers, NutterButter bites, and a juice box.

We worked hard on school all morning and then I told the kids to go take a break before our busy afternoon. They all chose to crash on the couch with a book. I put Andy down for his nap and rode my exercise bike and read. Then when the girls came home with the car at 1 I went for a quick hike in the mountains in the rain and hail. Then out for a light dinner with Nathan at 4 and home by 5. 
Here are some phone pictures from the hike:




Opening the cards the kids made for me while I was gone. They're always so creative. 
Opening the present my mom sent.  
We don't have money for presents this year but Alexis was thoughtful enough to get a basket and gather things to make a little baby basket. She got an outfit we'd bought at Kid to Kid plus stuff from the past babies: burp cloths, pacis, headbands, wipes, etc. It was so sweet of her. She can't wait for this baby and I'm afraid I'll rarely get to hold her. :) 




Andy eating his ice cream without waiting for a spoon. 

At 6:00 it was off to the pinewood derby. It was at the stake level so there were a lot of cars to compete against. 
Wednesday: We woke up to a thin layer of snow! Crazy! 
It looked so different than when the trees are all bare. I've never seen snow in mid May before.  

Nathan took this picture of Makenna labeling the garbage can.  
And this one of Anderson copying her.  
Spencer got his foot caught in the spokes of his bike on his way to an orchestra practice. One side got cut up, the other swelled up. It's healing pretty well, but still sore. 

Friday: I forgot to take pictures of our last day of school party, which was too bad because we had a lot of food and our dear friends over to celebrate with us. Here are the leftovers after the party was over.  
No more school!!! 
Lexi's desk all cleaned out with her portfolio of best work on top. 
Good-bye to our school room. We'll move several desks out and a couch in for our 10 week summer break. I love rearranging and love that there's a lot more options here than in our old house. 
This side of the room has the desks of Thomas, Kaitlyn, Madalyn, and Spencer. They all have their porfolios and workbooks out to show Daddy what they've learned this year.  
Saturday: First day of summer vacation! 
Kaitlyn, in her babies game with Alexis and Makenna, gave birth to twins.  
Spencer and Thomas play Wakee Six. 
Kylie and Madalyn settle in their room for a movie and snacks with their laptop.

I absolutely love homeschooling. We had a great year this year and I'm looking forward to all I have planned for next year starting July 31. However, right now I'm thrilled to be having a break.  I have so much planned for all my free time before the baby comes in 5 weeks. It's going to be an awesome summer!

No comments: