Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, September 3, 2017

Week ending 9-3-17

Last Sunday we went down to Springville for a little family party. Here Kaitlyn and Makenna give Nathan's cousin a birthday gift. Millie is really special to them. 

After dinner, chocolate fountain! 
Aunt Kira knows how to throw a party.
Playing outside with cousins.  


Uncle Morgan playing a game with all the nieces and nephews. It's such a blessing to have fun aunts and uncles to play with all the kids and take a genuine interest in them. 
Uncle Seth with Talea. 
I wanted to get all of the kids' pictures by the fence like I did last year, but Madalyn only got Kaitlyn's while I was saying good-bye. We were in a hurry to get on the road before Talea needed to eat again. I guess we'll have to go again soon. :) 

Madalyn's bruise from the unicycle. 
I have a good one from my first dog bite but I didn't take a picture. I was walking by a lady using a walker with her dog's leash strapped to the walker leg.  It was a little yappy dog that I tried to not be afraid of, but it turns out I should have. 
Wednesday: Aunt Sara stopped by for a surprise visit. She and Talea were matching: purple and white. 

Holladay homeschool science experiment: watching a bar of soap explode! 
I LOVE seeing all my kids excited about the same thing and doing something all together. 

This was a huge dinner-sized plate. One little bar of Ivory soap (has to be Ivory) blew up to cover the entire plate and then some. 
It sat on this plate the rest of the day and everytime I walked into the kitchen I thought it was angel food cake. Too bad! 
Wednesday night I really needed to take a break from the constant work and have a movie night with my kids. These three plus Anderson watched the Brady Bunch downstairs while Spencer and Thomas played board games in their room and me and the 3 older girls watched Charly. We all ate popcorn and relaxed and had a great night. 
Thursday: I put the girly bedding on the crib and let Talea try it out for a nap. 
I'm still trying to get Andy to move into the big bedroom, but the first step was getting his toddler bed to look like his crib looked. Saturday I moved it to the big bedroom but of course he wouldn't sleep in it. He slept on the floor where his bed used to be. We'll see how it goes tonight. On the other hand, it's nice having Talea out of my room. She would wake up every time I rolled over. 

What the bedroom looked like this week. Yesterday I moved the toddler bed out and the rocking chair in. We'll see if it works out. 
Anderson turns 2!! 
We made some yummy brownies and put M&M's and some Lucky Charms type marshmallows on the top. They turned out delicious. 

The "A Team!"
Alexis has been an awesome buddy for Anderson. She is always so patient and loving and good to him. 
Eating brownies and ice cream with my kiddos. 


Opening presents 
Play Doh! 

New church shoes. But they didn't fit. 

Friday: doing history reports. Here Madalyn steals the Mona Lisa. 

And tries to make her exit. 
Picking the lock. 

Alexis and Madalyn doing the Mexican Hat Dance to a song Alexis wrote about Porfirio Diaz, Francisco Madero, Victoriano Huerta and Pancho Villa. 

Sam and Andy playing with Andy's new bathtub paints. 



1 comment:

Sara Lyn said...

As always, these pictures are too fun for words! I love seeing them!!!