Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, December 3, 2017

Week ending 12-3-17

Tuesday: my mom sewing Christmas pillowcases for the little kids. She's made all of her children and grandchildren one. 

Decorating the house for Christmas. Alexis had an ear infection. 
Kylie putting up our special handmade nativity given to us by our cousins. 
Makenna being silly. 
Kaitlyn hanging the stockings with care. 
Wednesday: Taking our new big van with all 10 kids for the first time!! We took my mom too so we filled the van perfectly. We went to the mall to see the Piano Guys for my mom's birthday. 
I sat next to Talea and my mom sat in the front passenger seat. 
I sat by the stroller parking and fed Talea and this was my view. I loved seeing my kids hold their siblings on their shoulders. Andy ended up falling asleep on Spencer's shoulders, which was funny. Then he found a spot to sit down and hold him.

My kids love the Piano Guys. It was cool to see them in person. 



Afterward Mama took the kids through a Harry Potter place, Hogsmeade, in the mall. 
Then we went home for dinner and cake and homemade ice cream (made by my brother, Brady) 
I guess these are the only pictures I got of the party. It was a fun night and I loved having family here. 
Thursday: We took my mom to the airport in the morning and then I went to the RS Christmas party progressive dinner in the evening. We all ate appetizers at one house then split (by drawing names) to several houses for main dish, then came back together at another house for desserts all together. I love our ward.
Friday: Madalyn ordered 4 dresses from JCPenny and when they came in the mail she had a little fashion show. She's trying to pick one out for concerto night in January. Which one do you think she should keep? 


This one looks funny in the picture, but she thinks it would be really pretty for her 9 minute flute solo as she'll be standing up front on the stage with the orchestra behind her. 
Saturday: I took the kids to a tree farm 2 minutes away because I was too lazy to go 6 minutes away to Lowes. It paid off because we hit it off with the owners and they let us have a tree for 50% off. We got a great little tree and had it up in no time. 
Some of the kids roasted marshmallows there. 

The traditional picture of the kids carrying the tree. Usually it's from where we picked it out up to the front of Lowes, but this time it was from the van into the house. 





When I went to check on the kids before retiring for the night this is where I found Anderson sound asleep. He had accidentally taken a nap from 5:30-7:30pm so at 10pm I told him it was time for bed. I recall him saying he was going to sleep in Lexi's bed but I never went to tuck him in. At 10:40 I was making the rounds and found him like this. 

Sunday: Bring out the Christmas outfits!! I forgot to take a picture of the other girls in theirs. Everyone at church said Talea was so cute but I actually don't like all that tiny white fuzz being slobbered on and shedding on all her teething rings. If I were to do it over I'd have picked a different dress. But oh well. She's still cute. I'm not sure what's up with her headband though, it looks like a toy soldier. I don't think it looked that funny in real life. 



Brownies and leftover homemade ice cream after breaking the fast. I love seeing all my kids hanging out at the table and chatting happily. 

1 comment:

Sara Lyn said...

Fun pictures! I love all the dresses Madalyn tried on. My personal favorite for a night of concertos is number 2, but whichever one is her favorite will be great! They're all beautiful. Did she try playing the flute in all of them? :)