Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, April 1, 2018

Week ending 4-1-18

We had a good, relaxing week. We had spring break from homeschool. We were planning to go places like the Jordan River Temple open house (we have spring break different from schools so we can avoid the crowds), but Madalyn was sick the whole week so we just hung out at home. We did a few organizing projects and played outside a lot. 
Andy was throwing a fit so I pulled out the camera and he immediately started laughing. The picture didn't turn out great, but oh well. Spencer is a huge help in distracting Andy, thus calming him down and making him laugh. 
Friday: Nathan's birthday. It's the first time we've had a family dinner since I don't know when, maybe months. He's not home for dinner Monday through Saturday and on Sundays I feed the kids not in choir as soon as we get home from church and Nathan and the choir kids eat when they get home an hour later. Anyway, we had a nice chicken and rice dinner with angel food cake for dessert. 


Opening presents 


Saturday morning: Hanging out waiting to go downstairs to see if the Easter Bunny came. 

The procession downstairs. 


I love watching all my kids find candy. Our first Easter with 10 children and Kylie's last before she goes off to college, although I imagine she'll come home for holidays like Easter since we're so close. 

Dumping out the loot. 

Easter bunny cinnamon rolls. I've been trying to eat lots healthier but the kids wouldn't let me skip the traditional Easter breakfast. At least they're 100% whole wheat. :) 


Sunday: Thomas had an infected toe nail and took the usual picture to send to Aunt Lori. :) 
Lots of conference bingo spread out. :) We had a great conference weekend. 

I think this picture is super cute for a random picture. 
The little boys happily played for a long time. 

Kylie made a hummingbird cake since she saw it on an Easter pinterest page. We'd never heard of it and I didn't try it, but others said it was good. I know it was a lot of work and it turned out perfect. 







I wish I'd gotten pictures of dinner because Sara and Morgan stopped by last minute and ate with us, which was a lot of fun. Everyone helped make it too, which was also fun. 
After Sara and Morgan left some of us went for a walk. Kylie said Talea had the easiest life. :) 
It was a gorgeous night with lots of daffodils blooming and popcorn trees just coming out. 
Alexis found the tiniest pine cones. 
And Kaitlyn found other pretty nature items.

No comments: