Week by week

Week by week

Monday, November 5, 2018

Week ending 11-4-18

Tuesday: Someone put sunglasses on Talea then took a picture with my phone. 
Wednesday: Carving a huge pumpkin for "dinner in a pumpkin" our traditional Halloween dinner. 

Then they carved tiny ones. 
I took these pictures to send to Kylie, saying we're missing her. 
This is the first time she's missed our dinner in a pumpkin. 
The "dinner" is wild rice, quinoa, local grass-fed beef, a tasty homemade gravy with the beef drippings, carrots, celery, and some spices. We always eat it with green beans, pumpkin rolls and fruit. 
 


Kaitlyn took this one to show Kylie--eating her "dinner in a pumpkin" in her own little pumpkin. 

One teenager opened the door and said, "Wow, those costumes are sweet!" then when I started laughing he got his own pun. These are my sweet children in more ways than one. 
Since I wasn't in the above picture Spencer offered to take a picture of my costume to send to Kylie. Then I felt a bit insecure being the only one in the picture so I asked, "Who wants to be in the picture with me," and all these kids came running into it while Spencer snapped away. Too bad they're blurry. But they're still precious to me because it was a special, fun-loving moment and I felt so loved.




 
 
Going to the first house next door. 
I love watching my kids trick-or-treat. It was so much easier this year not being pregnant or having a newborn. It was really relaxing and fun. 
Dumping out the loot. :) 

Nathan came home at 8 to enjoy the candy sorting exclamations. 
Alexis made this costume for Andy from a blanket she found at Savers. 
Bagging up the pumpkin after scraping the dinner out of it. I freeze it and use it for pumpkin rolls and muffins the rest of the winter. 
Friday: I just wanted to take a picture to savor the happy moment of watching my children eat breakfast. I love mornings. 
Lexi taking selfies and decorating them and sending them to Kylie along with silly, cryptic notes. 

No comments: