Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, October 20, 2019

Week ending 10-20-19

We had a really great week. 
We did a lot of school, a couple of nature trips, played with friends, and cleaned the house a lot.
Last Sunday: Taking a nice fall walk. 


Having fun on the horsey.

 



Everyone wanted their picture on the horse. :) 

And a picture by this beautiful tree but it was hard to get the tree in the picture. 
 



Talea going hiking with a backpack and my hiking stick. 

Monday: Kait and I babysat 4 extra kids. Here Kaitlyn rocked the 4 month old to sleep. 

It felt like a mini daycare with my 7 plus 4 little ones. But everyone was super good and easy and we ended up cleaning the playroom and then rearranging it later that night. 
I took this to show their mom they were being really good. 
In the afternoon we did a lot of yard work, clearing a lot of those annoying trees that grow up everywhere. 
I should have taken a before picture, but the whole fence is always filled with trees and vines that grow like 8' in 3 months and I'm constantly getting the crew to cut them down. 

When I came downstairs after tucking Sam and Andy in in a different bedroom Kait and Kenna had already pulled out all the toys so that we could rearrange. They were fast and super helpful. 
A pano Thomas took while we were cleaning. 
Before the bed was back by the fireplace and the toys were in the middle and the music room was in the front. Now we put toys in the back, music in the middle, and beds in the front. 
Sam and Andy's room. 


The next morning the boys were excited to see their new room. Makenna and Kaitlyn slept in their beds. 
Tuesday: Beautiful nature school. 

Four kids climbing up the mountain. 


We forgot Talea's coat so Alexis let her wear her sweatshirt. 
Sketching a bee that was just crawling around. 
A lady came while we were sketching and asked if she could take our picture, which was really sweet. 
More pictures of the creek from a different view. 


Talea said, "I'm eating the flowers!" 




Kaitlyn resting on a really comfy tree.
Wednesday: We had a playgroup Halloween party at our house, which turned out really well. It was 75 degrees and everyone seemed to have a good time. 



Thursday: Playing at the park. 

Seeing the turkeys at the raw milk farm. 

Seeing a new park that was set to open in an hour and a half. I took this to send to Madalyn who wanted to see what it looked like. 
Last gymnastics class. 

I loved watching the boys copy the class. 




They went walking around like this and it was so cute I actually laughed out loud even though I didn't know anybody I was sitting by. 


Later that night Brady came over, helped put kids to bed, and spent the night as his family was in Idaho. 
A picture of my bruise after donating plasma I was sending to Lori who loves bruises. 
Friday: playgroup at the stake rec center. 

Fall walks are so beautiful.


Cleaning out the game and puzzle cupboards. Kylie and Madalyn were at college and Spencer, Alexis and Thomas were staying with cousins so I only had the 5 little kids for the night. We got a lot done and it felt good. 

I'm going to print these pictures out and put them on the cupboards so kids know where to put the games back. 

This kitchen houses games, puzzles, play doh, craft supplies, and extra toys. The counters are always collecting miscellaneous clutter so it's nice to see it clean for once. 
Good job, girls! Thanks for your help! 
After putting the boys to bed we had a little movie party. :) 
Saturday's walk. I took these so that I could look at them while I try to sketch them at home. 
I love the snow on the mountains while the hills were still red. 

Making fig bars with Anderson. 



No comments: